Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Types of Slicked Back Hair: Classic and Modern with Picture
11-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Lightbulb Types of Slicked Back Hair: Classic and Modern with Picture
As we have covered in this forum, the are two types of slicked back hair. Below is a picture that shows the two types of the slick back hairstyle: the classic slick and the modern slick.

This picture shows pretty much the main difference in styling, which is something we have talked in detailed in our slicked back hair guide. Such main difference is in the volume of the hair.

In the classic slick back, the hair is left as flat as possible with no volume. This is achieved by using a comb alone.

In the modern slick back, the hair is left combed back but with volume, and the actual volume is left to the preference of the user. This is achieved by first combing the hair back with a comb and leaving the backward-style foundation, and then continuing to style back with the fingers.

Remember that men with coiled and kinky curly hair should only attempt the modern slick back as doing the classic one can lead to hair damage and traction alopecia.

The pictures to look at are the ones at the top inside the picture posted below. The left is the modern version and the right is the classic version. The two pictures at the bottom are of a side swept, and we have talked plenty about this other hairstyle in our side swept guide.

For the record, the actual haircut in the pictures is what we call a Regulation Cut, but which can also me called a mid contour cut or a college contour haircut.

Lastly, if you're interested in the product used for such shine and slick, it's THIS hair pomade by Layrite.

[Image: 10747772_374392839396258_17187439_n.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Types of Slicked Back Hair: Classic and Modern with Picture
hat is the perfect pic to show the differences. So easy to go from modern to classic or just to classic from any hairstyle. The hairstyle makes the style imo it is not just about the clothes. No hair no game player.
Question time like always Big Grin it looks like the modern slick back in the picture is down with a hair dryer. Can i ask you if we are fine to use a hair dryer to style the modern slick bacK?
11-05-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Types of Slicked Back Hair: Classic and Modern with Picture
(11-03-2014 08:09 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  As we have covered in this forum, the are two types of slicked back hair. Below is a picture that shows the two types of the slick back hairstyle: the classic slick and the modern slick.

This picture shows pretty much the main difference in styling, which is something we have talked in detailed in our slicked back hair guide. Such main difference is in the volume of the hair.

In the classic slick back, the hair is left as flat as possible with no volume. This is achieved by using a comb alone.

In the modern slick back, the hair is left combed back but with volume, and the actual volume is left to the preference of the user. This is achieved by first combing the hair back with a comb and leaving the backward-style foundation, and then continuing to style back with the fingers.

Remember that men with coiled and kinky curly hair should only attempt the modern slick back as doing the classic one can lead to hair damage and traction alopecia.

The pictures to look at are the ones at the top. The left is the classic version and the right is the modern version. The two pictures at te bottom are of a side swept, and we have talked plenty about this other hairstyle in our side swept guide.

For the record, the actual haircut in the pictures is what we call a Regulation Cut, but which can also me called a mid contour cut or a college contour haircut.

Lastly, if you're interested in the product used for such shine and slick, it's THIS hair pomade by Layrite.

[Image: 10747772_374392839396258_17187439_n.jpg]

Thank you for this photograph because it gives the perfect visual shape for the two types!!

So from your opinion... for the coiled hair type is the modern type the best slick hairstyle type?

Can we use the classic slick hairstyle with coiled hair?

Thank you.
03-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Difference between the classic slicked back and modern slick back styles.
(11-05-2014 12:45 PM)JaimeSpain Wrote:  Thank you for this photograph because it gives the perfect visual shape for the two types!!

So from your opinion... for the coiled hair type is the modern type the best slick hairstyle type?

Can we use the classic slick hairstyle with coiled hair?

Thank you.

The best slicked back style for curly hair is the modern slick back. You can try the classic style tho - just that you will never get your hair completely flat like the guys with straight hair & wavy hair can do.

I'm gonna add a few pictures of each slicked back version - classic versus modern as posted in my thread in this link too. For hair products to use, you can also read my 'classic versus modern' thread.

Classic slick back:

Hair is flat & follows one direction. A gentleman's hairstyle.

[Image: 204a1ff9bf805a1b16a996042c450f01.jpg]

[Image: f964bc15b42f811df7a1e7a14441a50f.jpg]

[Image: 59321915d58509ff6dbef36e66d76fc4.jpg]

Modern slick back:

Hair has volume & doesn't need to be even although it must be styled back.

[Image: 9546e8e564c0cba7eca197e36122de0f.jpg]

[Image: a547a74fd997ee9dd5dc6fec6186c7c8.jpg]

[Image: 9225b28482b24a64fc7b7b1ea9023c30.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 204 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21
  I need help with wearing my hair back. daily_aenima 0 149 11-01-2016 02:45 PM
Last Post: daily_aenima
  What Is This Hairstyle Called? [PICTURE] virtual_28_havoc 0 764 06-23-2016 04:49 PM
Last Post: virtual_28_havoc
  The curse of a thick, dense hair and a modern slick back peraklo 0 538 06-03-2016 05:57 AM
Last Post: peraklo