Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to learn how to cut my own hair!
10-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Trying to learn how to cut my own hair!
Hi all,

I came across this forum while looking for resources as to how best learn to cut my own hair. In the past i have been spending around £40 - £50 per haircut but have recently had to tighten the purse strings. The thought of going to a cheap barber doesnt fill me with confidence as, in my experience when younger of going to local ones, they just get you in and out the door asap. At least this way i could really take my time. Hopefully once i achieve a certain level of skill it would be something to be proud of!

I realise the first few times i attempt this the results may not be the best. But i really want to master this!

I have relatively long hair at the moment but have decided to change the style. The cut im going for is as follows:

What do you guys think in terms of me successfully achieving a decent cut in this style? Would you have any advice/resources you could point me in the diection of? Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks lots guys and im looking forum to using, and in the future hopefully helping, the forum Smile

Anthony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Trying to learn how to cut my own hair!
oops, will start a thread with my queries in the appropriate section in due course! Apologies.

As for me, im an 31 male from London and am used to going to quite expensive salons. I've decided to change course due to financial constraints and am actually quite excited about learning this skill - though in the short term am scared of potential hair disasters haha!!
10-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Welcome and i believe there is a thread i have seen about cutting your own hair somewhere but im not exatly sure where it was , Try using the search feature and looking for threads/post relating to what you are looking for.
10-17-2013, 01:09 AM
(10-17-2013 12:02 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Welcome and i believe there is a thread i have seen about cutting your own hair somewhere but im not exatly sure where it was , Try using the search feature and looking for threads/post relating to what you are looking for.

Thanks Jonny, will do Smile
10-17-2013, 08:56 AM
(10-17-2013 01:09 AM)Proper1 Wrote:  
(10-17-2013 12:02 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Welcome and i believe there is a thread i have seen about cutting your own hair somewhere but im not exatly sure where it was , Try using the search feature and looking for threads/post relating to what you are looking for.

Thanks Jonny, will do Smile

No problem , Hope you find what your looking for , If not message a admin and im sure they can help you Smile
10-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Welcome Proper! And thanks Jonny for helpng him Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
(10-17-2013 12:46 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Welcome Proper! And thanks Jonny for helpng him Smile

Thank you both!

Sorry to be so scatty but after some consideration ive decided to keep my hair relatively long and avoid the DIY side of things! Who needs to eat Big Grin ?? I'll cut corners in my budget elsewhere. Had visions of a Worzel Gummidge do or worse!

Been having a look around and seems like a great forum. Sure will be very useful Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie Kinky Hair Dude Looking to Learn @ 49 Lotus131 0 321 07-02-2015 01:30 PM
Last Post: Lotus131