Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get into hair care/styling, no idea where/how to start
10-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Trying to get into hair care/styling, no idea where/how to start
For the longest time, I hadn't really cared much about my hair. I ignored it until it got long enough for my parents to complain (I'm only 19), then would just get a buzz cut, and the cycle repeats. Now I'm trying to take more of an interest in my hair, but I have no idea how to care or style.

First off, I find my hair is usually very dry and frizzy (I shower usually daily), and I don't really know how to change it. I made some changes after reading them, stopped shampooing (instead conditioner), and stopped rubbing my hair with a towel. Though this didn't change much, my hair is still dry and frizzy and I hate it. I hear heat doesn't help (I take hot showers), but I'm not sure what else to do. When I don't shower for a few days (like over the weekend), it's less dry and more wavy, but also greasy, so I can't leave it like that. So I want advice on how to stop my hair going dry after a shower, and what kind of products I need. Brands recommendations might now work, I live in Australia, so I might not be able to get US brands.

Second is styling. Next time I get a haircut (which is hopefully soon), I think I'll take some photos to use as a reference. After I figure out my head type and a cut that suits it. But should I ask for styling product recommendations from my barber, or should I ask for something here?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. Hair care/styling is something I really want to get into, but I have no idea how to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice for cut and styling my annoying hair?! CapriSun 0 357 06-01-2016 09:36 AM
Last Post: CapriSun
  How to use hair styling wax for strong hold and not clumpy? halloweentm12 1 708 02-02-2016 05:13 PM
Last Post: Ubermensch
  Winter hair care for men? James 3 1,303 01-14-2015 06:29 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1
  Tousled hair and messy hairstyle tips for long term care Sunset 2 1,537 11-02-2014 10:48 PM
Last Post: cadegreyson