Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo review
10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo review
I am posting below a review of Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo. This is a type of dry shampoo that is of special use to those of you who either don't shampoo everyday or who straighten their hair with flat irons and can't wet their hair.

For the record, dry shampoo is a great way to extend your hair style between shampoos. Styling your hair takes time and can be damaging to your hair. If you flat iron your hair it looks great until you have to wet and wash it again. Then the process of applying heat needs to be repeated again. This is all very time consuming and damaging to the hair.

Many of you will not sold on the idea of paying $200 or more to get a Brazilian blowout at the hair salon which makes your hair smooth and silky even after washing it. If you don't do a process like this, you probably rely on flat irons, heated rollers or blow drying in order to get the look that you want. Surely all these styling products are very popular among women but men are not using these styling tools too and especially so the men in this forum. Since wetness kills a hairstyle and any straightened or curled hair, dry shampoo becomes a great hair grooming product that is of useful for us guys.

Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo to the rescue! You can flat iron your hair and add an extra day or even two before needing to shampoo it. Color-treated hair can also last longer by not shampooing as often.

Tresemme has a very affordable line of hair care products. From shampoos and conditioners to styling aids, their brand is good quality at good prices too. I have seen some of their products recommended in this forum and I wanted to provide the personal experience on this Tresemme dry shampoo.

The Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo is for dry/frizzy to normal hair. The 6 ounce bottle is very affordable and its price is among the prices of some of the best dry shampoos that have been reviewed in the forum. As usual with hair products, the best place to buy this Tresemme dry shampoo is Amazon and you can even find a Tresemme Fresh Start dry shampoo coupon. I can't post product links but if any of the mods could post some good Amazon vendors that would be awesome Smile

The formula of the Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo contains Witch Hazel, Citrus and Aloe Vera. It says that it refreshes your hair by removing excess oil, impurities and odor. It also moisturizes and lifts limp and dull hair to make it look freshly washed.

The instructions seemed easy enough and my hair (washed 2 days prior) was ready for the test. The first step was to pump the product 2 to 3 times depending on the length of your hair. Mine is medium length but thick. With 3 pumps I had more than enough of mousse-like product in the palm of my hand to start with. The citrus smell was very pleasant and not super empowering like some other regular shampoos.

I spread the product through my hair and then gently rubbed it in with a towel. I brushed my hair into place and immediately felt a slight tingling sensation on my scalp. My hair does look refreshed. I normally have the kind of hair that needs some frizz control but today the dry shampoo worked well without it. The instructions say that you may need to use a frizz control product after the dry shampoo.

Tresemme also makes a refreshing mist for additional odor reduction and shine. I have not tried this product yet but I am going to pick it up. A refreshing mist is great for someone who is a smoker or may be around smokers since the tobacco smell stains even one's hair.

Am I sold on dry shampoo? Yes but only if they are good enough like this Tresemme Fresh Start foam shampoo or any of the other dry shampoos covered in the link I posted earlier. This Tresemme dry shampoo is a very useful product for someone like myself who doesn't want to shampoo his hair every day with water. This product can help your hair color last longer if you happen to dye your hair, cut back on the damage you do to your hair from heat-styling and save you valuable time in the morning. It is a must for those mornings where you need to wash your hair but you just don't have the time.

The price is affordable and with an appealing scent, having dry shampoo on hand will help to make bad hair days a thing of the past! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: Tresemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo review
Thanks for the detailed review. Is the Tresemme foam dry shampoo ok for thinning hair? I have yet to use one exactly like this one as it seems to be a bit different to the regular dry shampoos. So I am cool with giving it a go if it's fine with thinning hair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 58 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,106 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 287 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 273 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme