Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traction alopecia from long braids hair of Stevie Wonder?
03-18-2015, 06:26 AM
Traction alopecia from long braids hair of Stevie Wonder?
I saw some pictures of Stevie Wonder with the long braids and all and could not help but wonder if his hair loss has been from traction alopecia. Stevie Wonder's hair has been with long braided locks for years, I haven't seen a picture of him without the braided hair.

Snoop Dogg was another guy with braids who got one helluva traction alopecia hair loss. Seems like the same pattern of hairloss in Snoop Dogg as with Stevie Wonder. Anyone think if the braids have made it worse or caused the balding with Stevie Wonder?

Pictures of his hair loss:

[Image: tumblr_n5ij2p1rwI1rq9djho7_500.jpg]

[Image: l8IGHWQ.jpg]

[Image: 061313-shows-bet-awards-performers-stevi...rtrait.png]

[Image: 79985377.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2015, 10:13 AM
If you're going bald, then wearing braids should be the last thing on your mind!
If I remember correctly, Stevie Wonder has had the same braided hairstyle for years, and the type of braids that Stevie Wonder wears are notorious for destroying hair follicles. You can see the traction alopecia damage already in the second picture, which is from a good number of years ago gauging by how much younger Stevie looks.

From the pattern of hair loss, it looks like Stevie Wonder was already losing his hair through male pattern baldness but I have no doubts that his insistence on wearing braids year round has accelerated the hair loss. In fact, braided hairstyles (including cornrows) are akin to hair suicide in balding men.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Man bun for a balding guy and how to grow hair long FabioM 1 854 12-29-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: kkelis
  Traction alopecia warning signs from man bun and topknot styles? ductrunggg 1 641 10-11-2015 02:17 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair loss from man bun or top knot? Is this traction alopecia? Mike Lowe 1 1,702 10-06-2015 06:54 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Concerned with possible hair thinning with no alopecia signs - 32 yo male clarkkent3083 1 928 08-31-2015 11:48 AM
Last Post: Panther