Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traction alopecia for guys using headbands?
12-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Traction alopecia for guys using headbands?
After reading all the threads on traction alopecia i am scared the funk out of that stuff. Do headbands cause traction alopecia? by headbands i am talking of the ones you put round the head and then pull the hair back. Hypochondriac mode activated Big Grin
There is a thread in the forum describing the types of head bands but theirs are two main types, thin and wide hair bands. For those two do they have any chance to cause traction alopecia?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Traction alopecia for guys using headbands?
Headbands don't pull as hard as tied hair or alice bands so you should be ok there. If you're wearing headbands frequently, then just push the headband a little bit forward when you set it on your head so the pulling tension on the follicles is decreased.

The thread you mention is this mens hair accessories thread with lots of listed headbands to use. I would say those are the best you can use as they are soft and have no metal. Just check the links the mods posted in that thread for each of the headbands and choose which one or which ones you want to get. That will be more than enough.
12-03-2014, 12:49 PM
(12-02-2014 06:14 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Headbands don't pull as hard as tied hair or alice bands so you should be ok there. If you're wearing headbands frequently, then just push the headband a little bit forward when you set it on your head so the pulling tension on the follicles is decreased.

The thread you mention is this mens hair accessories thread with lots of listed headbands to use. I would say those are the best you can use as they are soft and have no metal. Just check the links the mods posted in that thread for each of the headbands and choose which one or which ones you want to get. That will be more than enough.

I actually notice that those type of headbands in that thread which i also got didn't pull that hard but my hair is short to medium so maybe it is harder for long hair.
12-11-2014, 01:46 PM
I have 2 spots on my head actually. At first when i got the first spot i thought i was finished. But it is not worse. People in my family have also had this.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Traction alopecia warning signs from man bun and topknot styles? ductrunggg 1 641 10-11-2015 02:17 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair loss from man bun or top knot? Is this traction alopecia? Mike Lowe 1 1,702 10-06-2015 06:54 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Concerned with possible hair thinning with no alopecia signs - 32 yo male clarkkent3083 1 928 08-31-2015 11:48 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Need Advice - Traction Alopecia from thin hair to thick hair ootwia 0 771 06-22-2015 09:39 AM
Last Post: ootwia