Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin
08-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin
Men with sensitive skin can often find shaving an itchy, painful, and irritating experience. I have sensitive skin and have been using different brands and products of men's shaving gel to help alleviate the nasty side effects of shaving.
Below I am posting 5 of the best men's shaving gels, what they do well, where to get them, and price. I will look at shaving gel compared to shaving cream because the gel is often easier on the skin and easier to spread.

Nivea For Men Sensitive Shaving Gel
Looking for a sensitive shaving gel that will also get you a very close shave? I liked this product because it provided the right amount of vitamins and did not give me that redness and burn after I was done a full shave. This men's shaving gel by Nivea claims to provide a protective barrier between your face and the razor without sacrificing closeness, I have to agree with the claim. I got an exceptional close shave with no stubble first pass through, and did not get any razor burn.

Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Shave Gel
This Neutrogena men's shaving gel is not designed for sensitive skin but it actually works really well to prevent razor irritation. This product also softens the skin and facial hard for not only an easier shave but for a cleaner close up feeling that your partner will enjoy.

Gillette Moisturizing With Aloe + Cocoa Butter Fusion Hydra Gel
This is the shaving gel I am currently using now. This gel foams up and softens the face and facial hair for a close shave. The gel provides for an exceptionally close shave without the irritation a close shave brings to men with sensitive skin. This gel also hydrates the face for a clean and healthy look.

Edge Advanced Gel Sensitive Skin
This is one of my favorite sensitive skin shaving gels for men, not only does it help prevent cuts and irritation by softening the skin, it also moisturizes for a clean healthy look.

Men's Zone Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel
This product by Men's Zone is great for getting the close shave that women like without getting the harsh razor burn and skin irritation. I liked the close shave I was able to achieve without having to go over it again to remove stubble, this product did the trick the first time. The product is intended for ladies though, hence the light/feminine colors! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Great shaving gels for sensitive skin!
Now this is a thread I like! Plenty of men have sensitive skin (despite what they otherwise like to claim), so choosing the right shaving gel or cream is essential for them. A good shaving gel for sensitive skin should be both proactive (prepare the skin by lubricating it and moisturizing it) and reactive (provide relief and moisture once the shaving is finished).

Sunset, I fully agree with your shaving gel recommendations for sensitive skin. Each one of them offers similar benefits, and with regards to price they do differ a little. These shaving gels usually come in packs so that they last you an eternity, and, whichever one chooses out of the ones you have recommended, you are getting a great product that will minimize skin irritation and razor bumps.

Below are the vendors for each of the shaving gels with great prices and great shipping. Worth the purchase for any of you wanting to get a shaving gels at lower prices than the usual in physical stores (see each vendor/product in each link posted below).

Nivea For Men Sensitive Shaving Gel (you can get through THIS vendor).

Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Shave Gel (get it through THIS vendor).

Gillette Moisturizing With Aloe + Cocoa Butter Fusion Hydra Gel (get it through THIS vendor).

Edge Advanced Gel Sensitive Skin (get it from THIS vendor).

Men's Zone Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel (could not find a reputable online provider).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-14-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin
I heard that olive oil is great for shaving. Especially after shower or sauna (basically when your facial hair is softened by hot water). I tried it and it works great, but my facial hair is not dense or super hard, so you have to check it yourself.
10-02-2014, 11:39 AM
(09-14-2014 08:31 AM)M..... Wrote:  I heard that olive oil is great for shaving. Especially after shower or sauna (basically when your facial hair is softened by hot water). I tried it and it works great, but my facial hair is not dense or super hard, so you have to check it yourself.

Yes, most edible oils will work for shaving, such as olive oil or coconut oil (or coconut butter which you melt in your hands).

It should be noted that regular soap should not be used for shaving as it dries the skin. On the other hand, shaving soap has a lubricating property so it is good for shaving with a razor. Just mentioning this as you can find shaving "soaps" as part of the range of shaving products, but the fact that it is labeled as a soap does not mean that it is like a regular soap.

The trick with all shaving gels, oils, creams, soaps and what not is to lubricate the skin while keeping it moisturized and preventing dryness.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I use only Gillette Fusion Sensitive skin and I'm happy with that. I have very sensitive skin and this one is acceptable.
04-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Try an Aloe Vera cream for shaving from a store such as Whole Foods. I have noticed that these are usually better and smoother than more popular brands.
08-16-2016, 08:52 PM
To me, the top product has to be Nivea For Men shaving gel. All around, it's just the best one.
09-14-2016, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2016 04:29 PM by r3dzzz.)
might I ask what blade the OP is using, this might be part of the equation?

additionally, I find that running hot water on a rag and holding it to your face before shaving also helps.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products Sunset 19 9,099 10-18-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Adam11
Information Best aftershave for men? Advice from shaving experts please JaimeSpain 6 6,043 05-29-2016 12:50 AM
Last Post: PaulThompson
  Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream review Sunset 1 2,591 10-02-2014 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  For black men which shaving cream is best? AfroJay 3 14,421 12-20-2013 08:38 AM
Last Post: Robert