Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons
09-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons
I would like to post a list of the top hair straighteners for men, with these hair straighteners aka flat irons being of the ionic type which is the best type of hair straightener.

The problem with hair straighteners is that many guys suffer from severe hair damage caused by traditional hair straighteners, so lots of guys are opting for alternatives. One alternative is to simply refrain from using a hair straightener on their hair, which of course would mean that they are unable to attain the style that they're looking to achieve.

Another alternative would be to use the flat iron less often in order to avoid daily exposure to high levels of heat, but again, this would mean having to sacrifice the look that one desires in order to avoid over-stressing the hair hair. The good news is that for guys hairstyles, you don't need to be using a hair straightener all the time.

If you are experiencing any hair damaging issues from using hair straighteners, there are some 'high end' technology types of hair straighteners that actually adds moisture to the hair as it simultaneously straightens it, making breakage, dryness and damage a lot less likely to occur. This new type of flat iron which has become quite popular is the ionic flat iron. Out of the many ionic flat irons available, there are five that are extremely high-performing and have received high reviews and which I have personally found to be really useful for styling mens hair.

Here in the forum, there have been plenty of useful and high quality discussions on hair straighteners for guys in the past so the list below is a specific list of the top hair straighteners that you want to buy if high performance and great results is what matters to you when it comes to buying mens hair products.

Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron

This attractive flat iron is perfect for men looking to attain a professionally styled look that looks like you haven't even used the hair straightener to begin with. This innovative styling iron features the dynamic alignment system which ensures that evenly distributed heat is radiated through the plates, resulting in sleek, smooth hair without the worry of heat damage.

Barbar 2200 Titanium Ionic Flat Iron

This eco-friendly flat iron can be safely used on wet or dry hair. The iron's automatic shut-off prevents electricity waste, and it has an ionic/non-ionic switch, allowing you to choose which you'd like to use. The iron has an MCH ceramic heater that can reach 450 degrees Fahrenheit with maximum control which means you won't burn your hair unlike with the cheaper hair straighteners that aren't ionic.

CHI Ceramic Style Flat Iron

This hair straightener is another awesome choice if you're looking for an ionic flat iron to add to your hairstyling arsenal. As described on the television commercials, the CHI flat iron has the ability to immediately add shine while helping with the maintenance of moisture in the hair. This is possible because of the negative ions that the product contains, and these negative ions will also improve the hair structure.

Sedu Ionic Ceramic Pro Flat Iron

Yet another terrific choice when it comes to ionic hair straighteners, this one has received nearly 5-star reviews left and right, and it is one beast of a hair straightener. The Sedu Ionic Ceramic Pro hair straightener is the ultimate flat iron when it comes to its ability to create shine and add moisture while simultaneously transforming even the curliest hair into sleek, frizz-free loveliness. There is never a worry of heat damage due to this scientifically-designed product, which was especially created to avoid damaging hair.

FHI Ceramic Ionic Professional Flat Iron

One of the most popular irons by FHI, this flat iron features a true PTFC heater and an infrared heating system that heats up in mere seconds. The negative ionic activity has the ability to expertly straighten (or curl) hair but without the risk of hair damage. In fact, like many of the other ionic flat irons, this flat iron will distribute moisture throughout the hair shaft, while producing shiny, silky hair almost immediately.

There is no reason to risk damage to your hair by using traditional flat irons. Traditional flat irons expose the hair to moisture loss which leads to severe dryness, brittleness and subsequently breakage. Ionic flat irons are a dream-come-true for most guys, and even though they're somewhat expensive compared to traditional flat irons, most men don't mind paying more in order to ensure that they'll have aesthetic, healthy and straight hair, and most likely you won't either.

I will leave the product links for any mods who want to point out where to get the hair straighteners mentioned although as usual, Amazon is the best place to buy them. Please mods or anyone else feel free to comment on this selection of top ionic flat irons Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Great list of Ionic hair straighteners.
Well, that's a seriously impressive list of ionic hair straighteners, thanks!

I agree with them all and I think this thread will serve as a great reference for those guys (and girls, of course!) looking to buy an ionic hair straightener. These type of hair straighteners are slightly more expensive (and in some cases a lot more expensive) than the regular ceramic straighteners.

Are ionic straighteners worth it? From a cosmetic point of view, yes, since ionic straighteners tame frizz so much better than regular straighteners, and we know that straightening curly hair to straight hair leaves residual frizz. Ionic straighteners remove that residual frizz, and straightened hair that is still frizzy doesn't look good (which undoes the point of straightening your hair).

For those of you interested in checking out the listed ionic hair straighteners or in buying any of them, I am posting the vendor link for each one below. You can read a lot more about each straightener in the link as well as check many more reviews (and/or buy it too for the lowest prices online).

For what's worth, all the hair straighteners below are perfect for men's hair.

Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron: see THIS one here.

CHI Ceramic Style Flat Iron: see THIS one here.

Sedu Ionic Ceramic Pro Flat Iron: see THIS one here.

FHI Ceramic Ionic Professional Flat Iron: see THIS one here.

Barbar 2200 Titanium Ionic Flat Iron: see THIS one here

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-02-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons
Please look at what I chose a Spiderman G3 Salon Pro hair styling iron
I based my desk research on what I read and compiled my check list as follows:
• That the plates are 100% tourmaline ceramic plates.
• If the plates are colored e.g. red, blue, gold, it has been treated, these may look nice but they are for show and they are not good for your hair, so stay away from them.
• Look for a plate that is ceramic or metal in looks.
• Ceramic Plates are usually white or yellowish in color. These plates are
good but they are older technology from around 2002. Many companies
still use these as it is cheaper to manufacture than a tourmaline
ceramic plate. Be careful some use an aluminum plate with ceramic
coating, if you buy ceramic make sure it is 100% pure ceramic.
• Titanium Plates – Usually Gun Metal Grey color these are great plates and provide great results. Similar in quality to Tourmaline Ceramic but work differently with different hair types. Ask your hairdresser to type your hair before choosing.
• Tourmaline Ceramic – Gun Metal Grey in color – These are currently the best plates on the market.
• Variable Temperature Control (If you have thick hair make sure it heats up to at least 420ºF)
• Swivel Cord
• At least a 3 year warranty (most hair straighteners will die in the first year or two)
• If you travel then make sure its dual voltage
• Floating plates, you can check this by asking the supplier or if you have access to the styling iron by pressing on either side of the
plate and it should move. All salon professional irons will have this.
• Auto shut off, the last thing you want is to start a fire or cause
damage to your home or salon because you left the iron on, make sure
it has a safety auto shut off feature.
• Make sure it has a 3meter or 10 foot cord, anything shorter will be hard to work with.
Is there anything else I should have looked for???
03-28-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons
This is such a useful list of ionic flat irons! I am considering getting one for when I grow my curly hair long. My idea is to use it only on random days as I know that using a flat iron daily isn't a good idea. What I like about ionic flat irons is that they are less tough on the hair so you can use them more frequently but I still want to use them just once or twice a month as I'm growing out my curls to wear them naturally.

I am bookmarking this page as the list of sellers in those links will become very handy quite soon.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Hair Products for Men - Epic List TheMensHairForum 116 228,008 09-24-2016 10:06 AM
Last Post: JewFro
  Best hair straighteners for men? James 31 29,233 06-20-2016 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chrisis
  Best curling irons for guys? Machado 6 13,653 11-13-2014 06:50 AM
Last Post: AddyB