Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top Ten Philips Norelco Electric Shavers for Men Reviews
03-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Thumbs Up Top Ten Philips Norelco Electric Shavers for Men Reviews
I would like to go through the best 10 Philips Norelco electric shavers for guys. These shavers have been ranked according to my experience and the experience of others with them. I'm lucky to have a couple of friends who are as techie as I am so we're constantly trying different male grooming gadgets! Big Grin

I have also reviewed individually or commented on some of these Philips Norelco shavers. Overall tho they are great electric razors and trimmers and this brand is always a good option no matter your hair grooming goal. The price of each shaver is adjusted according to its quality, so there is a Philips Norelco shaver for every one regardless of budget. Even the low-range priced Norelco shavers are of good quality, which is unlike some of the other

Norelco 8240XL

The Norelco 8240XL Men's Shavers is a trusted shaver. It's a somewhat basic shaver but performs greatly especially for its price.
  • Efficient XL heads
  • Good shaving
  • Cord or cordless use
  • Quiet
  • 110V – 240V
  • Price: Mid-range
Norelco 7310XL

The Norelco 7310XL Men's Electric razor is very popular mostly because of price. Enough for everyday use and as an introduction to the world of electric razors! Smile
  • Super Lift & Cut technology
  • Shaving time: 10 days
  • Charge time 8 hours
  • Pop-up trimmer
  • Price: Low range
Norelco 1150x

The Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch Men's Shavers uses the Gyro Flex 2D technology, which increases the smoothness of the shave by automatically adjusting to the curves of your face.
  • GyroFlex 2D Blades
  • For wet and dry use
  • Low battery indicator
Norelco 1250x

The Norelco 1250X/40 SensoTouch 3D Men's Shaver is one of the best Norelco electric shavers with its SensoTouch 3D system for perfect shaving!
  • SensoTouch 3D system
  • 3 levels of battery display
  • Included cleaning station
  • Price: High end
Norelco 6940LC

The Norelco 6940LC Electric shaver uses heads with an individual floating mechanism for better shaving and adjusting.
  • Silent
  • Vibration free
  • Hair-collecting chamber
Norelco 7340XL

The Norelco 7340XL Electric Shaver uses its proprietary precision cutting system for long and short stubble and anything in between.
  • Slots for long hairs and holes for short
  • Battery indicator
  • Trimmer
Norelco 7810XL

The Norelco 7810XL Electric Men's Shaver uses dual ultra thin heads for precise cutting and shaving.
  • Dual Heads
  • Dynamic Contour Response
  • Trimmer
  • Price: Mid-range
Norelco HS8240 Nivea

The Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men Electric Shaver moisturizes your face at the same time as you're shaving and gives a precise cut and shave. I've gone through this electric shaver in the past so feel free to read my review of the Philips Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men razor!
  • Dispenses Nivea moisturiser while shaving
  • Shaving time: 30 minutes
  • Charging time 8 hours
Norelco BG2040 BodyGroom Plus

The Norelco BG2040 BodyGroom Plus is a 'total body' grooming system and, as the name implies, it's a manscaping tool aka body hair trimmer!
  • Extra-Large XL trimmer
  • Extra-Sensitive XS trimmer
  • For chest, legs, abs, underarms and intimate area
Norelco 1160x

The Norelco 1160X/42 SensoTouch Electric Men's Razor uses the GyroFlex Precision 2D system with dual heads for extremely-precise shaving. It also comes with a water jet for convenient self-cleaning of the razor and all the bits and pieces needed for a high-end electric shaver for men!
  • GyroFlex 2D
  • DualPrecision heads for long and short stubble
  • Shaving time (running non-stop): 50 minutes
  • Price: High range
Where to buy any of these Philips Norelco shavers?

You can either go to your local store or buy through an online store. For me personally Amazon is the best place to buy electric shavers. I've tried Best Buy, Ebay and a couple of other reputable online stores but the best one out of all of them is Amazon by far.

I've gone through these electric shavers and the Amazon prices for them are as low as they can get so if you're considering buying one of them, Amazon is the place to get them from! I can't post links but if any of the mods or admins can post them below that'd be great Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Top Ten Philips Norelco Electric Shavers for Men Reviews
Couldn't decide where this comment and question went, so I apologize if it's in the wrong forum.

I have been shaving with a Panasonic arc5 shaver for the last 2 years. This Panasonic electric razor gives a close shave but it's loud and it also misses areas around the jaw and jawline. I bought a Panasonic shaver on the cheap, I think that it was a 3500 shaver which is waterproof and has a simple cord charger. It's great as far as noise level goes and shaving the jaw area, etc.

Here's my issue. I have an awful time shaving the mustache area above my upper lip. I tend to cut the corner of my mouth. I try to stretch the area but it's awkward. My question is whether the newer models with highly mobile shaving heads do shave this area any better than the Panasonic shaver that I have? Thanks all.
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Top Ten Philips Norelco Electric Shavers for Men Reviews
(07-06-2016 09:38 AM)ajs1244 Wrote:  Couldn't decide where this comment and question went, so I apologize if it's in the wrong forum.

I have been shaving with a Panasonic arc5 shaver for the last 2 years. This Panasonic electric razor gives a close shave but it's loud and it also misses areas around the jaw and jawline. I bought a Panasonic shaver on the cheap, I think that it was a 3500 shaver which is waterproof and has a simple cord charger. It's great as far as noise level goes and shaving the jaw area, etc.

Here's my issue. I have an awful time shaving the mustache area above my upper lip. I tend to cut the corner of my mouth. I try to stretch the area but it's awkward. My question is whether the newer models with highly mobile shaving heads do shave this area any better than the Panasonic shaver that I have? Thanks all.

I find Panasonic heads too large to comfortably shave the upper lip area; that as well as simply being too loud for my ears to tolerate the shaver's noise in the morning. For me, the Norelco rotary shavers are the perfect combination: quiet, comfortable, less irritating and provide a close shave. What is missing in the above description of the ten best Norelco shavers is a description of the heads of those shavers (i.e. the cutters and the individual heads). While it is true to a certain extent that some of the newer shavers have more powerful motors, in general the key to a close, comfortable shave is the head and cutters.

I have the latest 9000 series with the RQ12+ heads and an older AquaTech shaver with the HQ8 heads. I find that the older HQ8 heads glide more smoothly over my neck, cheeks and jawline than the newer RQ12+ heads and therefore the HQ8's head provide a better shave. That's not to say that the 9000 series doesn't give a good shave - it does. But that is my experience "when" I am shaving dry. Shaving wet is an entirely different kettle of fish. I then find that either shaver with its different heads provides a shave that is more or less identical. I'm hoping to see a return to the ergonomics of the older AT, XL and Quadra line of shavers with heads similar to the HQ8 and HQ9 or possibly even RQ12+ but we'll have to wait and see what transpires.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Philips Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver Review A London Barber 0 88 10-26-2016 02:08 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor review A London Barber 0 78 10-26-2016 10:36 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Question Electric shaver vs. wet shaving razor? Pros and Cons discussion Stevens 12 4,729 10-07-2016 11:45 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  self cleaning shavers leolombardo 0 397 06-05-2016 02:52 PM
Last Post: leolombardo