Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer
11-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer
I was wondering if any if you experts had any tips to buy an electric nose hair trimmer. I find that if I let my mustache hair grow then my nose hair grows too and it all gets messy. Shaving the mustache area does also shave any long nose hairs so I am looking for in the market a good electric nose hair trimmer. I have been using regular scissors till now since I grew my mustache and the scissors cut into a part of it now.

Any tips that I should be taking into account to not be taken for a noob and actually buy a good trimmer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer
I had a great electric nose and ear hair trimmer for years. The battery died and it was a proprietary style battery. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to find an aftermarket battery maker that might be selling something that would work so I just ditched the trimmer and bought a new one. It sucked. So did the next one, and the next one, and the…

I bought a new one last week, the Philips Norelco NT9105, it sucks too. I kick myself every time I think of pitching the good one I use to own. I use a pair of cuticle scissors for the nose and inside the ear, and run my razor blade over the pinna of the ear. That seems to work best. I'll be looking forward to a reply form someone who has found a good electric model that's on the market today.
11-30-2014, 10:25 AM
From my experience here are a few things or tips to consider when buying a nose hair trimmer.

Lighting:

Try to look for a product that has built-in LED lights so that you can get a better view of what's inside your nose as you trim.

Functionality:

Next you should consider when buying nose hair trimmers is their functionality. You will find some trimmers that have oscillating or rotating blades and which are powered by batteries. On the other hand, you can also find some trimmers which require that you manually rotate the blades by rotating the handle itself. Lastly other trimmers have the blades rotate when you squeeze the handles.

Safety of the trimmer:

Look for some kind of blade protector so that you avoid having the blade come into contact with sensitive nasal membranes. Last thing you want is getting the inside of your nose cut. I believe most modern nose trimmers do have blade protection as default so this should not be a major worry.

Vacuum add-on:

Just like with beard trimmers, some nose hair trimmers include a vacuum that sucks in all the trimmer hairs so that you don't make a mess with the trimmed hairs. This is a nice function to take into account when buying a nose hair trimmer.

Build of the blade:

You will find nose trimmer blades to be made of either titanium, platinum or stainless steel (or a combination of any of these materials). Just like with the blades of safety razors, platinum i the clear winner when it comes to being the sharpest. On the other hand, the titanium blades are water resistant and won't rust, which is also an important asset of any trimmer.

Style:

The standard design is that of a vertical trimmer with no bends. However there are other trimmers that are angled to afford a better experience trimming the insides of your nose. I am happy with the straight and vertical design of most trimmers though.

Nose hair trimmers are affordable anyway so if you buy one and you don't like it, it won't be a major economic loss and you will be able to buy a new trimmer to keep testing until you find one that you truly like. Although chances are that you will be happy with the first trimmer you buy as they are all mostly the same.

(11-27-2014 08:07 PM)Unshorn Wrote:  I had a great electric nose and ear hair trimmer for years. The battery died and it was a proprietary style battery. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to find an aftermarket battery maker that might be selling something that would work so I just ditched the trimmer and bought a new one. It sucked. So did the next one, and the next one, and the…

I bought a new one last week, the Philips Norelco NT9105, it sucks too. I kick myself every time I think of pitching the good one I use to own. I use a pair of cuticle scissors for the nose and inside the ear, and run my razor blade over the pinna of the ear. That seems to work best. I'll be looking forward to a reply form someone who has found a good electric model that's on the market today.

I actually like the Panasonic ER430K which was recommended in this nose hair trimmer thread. The trimmer is useful for ear hair although I am not old enough to yet have any huge hairs there yet! Big Grin

If you check out that thread in the link, you will see the Panasonic ER430K recommended by one of the mods though an Amazon vendor that sells them really cheap. I would say that would be the first model to try among all nose hair trimmers as that Panasonic model does the job very well and is quite affordable especially when purchased online at places like Amazon.
12-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh these tips are going to be handy for this old man! I really need to get one of this good ol' trimmers for once and all. It really is true that nose strands and ear stands get longer with age. Dammit old age!

(11-30-2014 10:25 AM)Sunset Wrote:  From my experience here are a few things or tips to consider when buying a nose hair trimmer.

Lighting:

Try to look for a product that has built-in LED lights so that you can get a better view of what's inside your nose as you trim.

Functionality:

Next you should consider when buying nose hair trimmers is their functionality. You will find some trimmers that have oscillating or rotating blades and which are powered by batteries. On the other hand, you can also find some trimmers which require that you manually rotate the blades by rotating the handle itself. Lastly other trimmers have the blades rotate when you squeeze the handles.

Safety of the trimmer:

Look for some kind of blade protector so that you avoid having the blade come into contact with sensitive nasal membranes. Last thing you want is getting the inside of your nose cut. I believe most modern nose trimmers do have blade protection as default so this should not be a major worry.

Vacuum add-on:

Just like with beard trimmers, some nose hair trimmers include a vacuum that sucks in all the trimmer hairs so that you don't make a mess with the trimmed hairs. This is a nice function to take into account when buying a nose hair trimmer.

Build of the blade:

You will find nose trimmer blades to be made of either titanium, platinum or stainless steel (or a combination of any of these materials). Just like with the blades of safety razors, platinum i the clear winner when it comes to being the sharpest. On the other hand, the titanium blades are water resistant and won't rust, which is also an important asset of any trimmer.

Style:

The standard design is that of a vertical trimmer with no bends. However there are other trimmers that are angled to afford a better experience trimming the insides of your nose. I am happy with the straight and vertical design of most trimmers though.

Nose hair trimmers are affordable anyway so if you buy one and you don't like it, it won't be a major economic loss and you will be able to buy a new trimmer to keep testing until you find one that you truly like. Although chances are that you will be happy with the first trimmer you buy as they are all mostly the same.

(11-27-2014 08:07 PM)Unshorn Wrote:  I had a great electric nose and ear hair trimmer for years. The battery died and it was a proprietary style battery. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to find an aftermarket battery maker that might be selling something that would work so I just ditched the trimmer and bought a new one. It sucked. So did the next one, and the next one, and the…

I actually like the Panasonic ER430K which was recommended in this nose hair trimmer thread. The trimmer is useful for ear hair although I am not old enough to yet have any huge hairs there yet! Big Grin

If you check out that thread in the link, you will see the Panasonic ER430K recommended by one of the mods though an Amazon vendor that sells them really cheap. I would say that would be the first model to try among all nose hair trimmers as that Panasonic model does the job very well and is quite affordable especially when purchased online at places like Amazon.
01-14-2015, 11:13 PM
I have a Philips ear trimmer.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  5 Easy Tips for Better Skin as a Male - Barber Advice The Hairstylist 0 137 10-09-2016 10:15 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  A good nose hair clipper to buy? any opinions? Alex 5 3,467 12-16-2015 09:20 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Any tips for THINNING, not trimming body hair? HorseTears 1 2,139 10-31-2015 11:38 PM
Last Post: al_ashfaaq
  Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 electric razor reviews? expert help needed James 2 2,230 08-17-2014 08:27 AM
Last Post: Jurgen