Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on how to buy a hair dryer for men?
10-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Tips on how to buy a hair dryer for men?
What tips do you have on how to buy a hair dryer for men? is there anything we should keep in mind as guys when buying hair dryer? like i know for curly hair a diffuser is a good thing to buy. Also a range of temperature so that you can choose cold or hot at least.
Matter of fact I am only asking as a general thread for every one to chime in on the topic of buying a dryer as we had some good discussion in that one other hair dryer thread. But actual tips on how to buy a hair dryer...

Like i say, diffuser for curly hair and hot/cold temperature options. Nothing too crazy like with the hair dryers that women buy Lol just a simple hairdryer. Any more hair dryer tips?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Tips on how to buy a hair dryer for men?
Hair dryers will dry your hair faster than the standard towel drying or air drying so they are good tools to have as guys. If you choose a good hair dryer too, this will cause your hair to have a more brilliant shine and glossy appearance. If you want to buy a hair dryer, you will need to consider a few things beforehand. Some of these include adjustability, voltage, and attachments.

You can also check the best hair products thread for the latest hair dryer and other mens hair products recommended in the forum.

Adjustability

One of the first things you need to consider when buying hair dryers is their adjustability. You should look for a design that will allow you to adjust the heat setting. Some hair dryers have only two heat settings while others can have up to four. It's also best to look for a model that has speed adjustment so that you can control the flow of air.

Hair dryer voltage

One of the next things to consider when buying hair dryers is voltage. If you normally travel with your blow dryer, you should look for a dual-voltage design. American outlets generally use 120V, while European outlets are usually 220V. Dual-voltage hair dryers will be able to work either type of outlet whenever you travel.

Attachments

You should also think about the type of attachments that come with the hair dryer. It's best to choose a model that at least comes with a concentrator attachment. This type of attachment will allow you to style your hair precisely with the hair dryer.

Your right about the diffuser for curly hair since curly hair is brittle and more delicate so it can get damaged easier if you blow dry your hair daily for months and months. To avoid any heat damage simply buy a hair diffuser or choose a model that already comes with a diffuser.

Cold Air

One of the next things to consider when buying hair dryers is cold air. You should look for a hair dryer that has a cold air button that will release a shot of cold air. This will allow you to set and style your curls using cold air after you have dried your hair off using hot air.

You can style your hair with hot air if you have straight hair or wavy hair.

Mount

One of the final things to think about when buying hair dryers is how they're mounted. Some designs can be mounted on your bathroom wall. These hair dryers will save you the trouble of finding space to store them and you will always know where they are. Some wall-mounted designs even include a night light.

These are some tips for buying hair dryers. Easy to remember and basic enough to give you a great hairstyle and lots of hair drying benefits. You should look for a design that provides multiple speed and heat settings. If you travel frequently, then you should look for dual-voltage hair dryers so that they can work with different types of outlets.

By the way this is the hair dryer thread you were talking about Smile
10-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Some more tips.
That is good advice by Sunset on what to look for when buying a hair dryer.

I would add to pay a little bit more for quality than to get a really cheap hair dryer. Hair dryers are like hair clippers in that the money you spend on it is spent on quality. Because a dryer is a heat styling tool, it will break much faster if it is made from cheap materials since the heat speeds wear & tear. With a good hair dryer tho, this isn't much of a problem - a good one will cost you money & not 15 dollars.

Ionic with ceramic is good & with help with the frizz - if you can pay for an ionic one, then get one as they aren't that expensive these days anyway. The problem with really cheap hair dryers is they usually create a lot of frizz which you really don't want when styling your hair. Ionic hair dryers help to solve this issue. Add ceramic & you have a hairdryer that will last you very long & which will make your hairstyle better - any kind of hairstyle.
12-27-2014, 04:00 AM
(10-14-2014 08:05 AM)Jurgen Wrote:  That is good advice by Sunset on what to look for when buying a hair dryer.
I would add to pay a little bit more for quality than to get a really cheap hair dryer. Hair dryers are like hair clippers in that the money you spend on it is spent on quality. Because a dryer is a heat styling tool, it will break much faster if it is made from cheap materials since the heat speeds wear & tear. With a good hair dryer tho, this isn't much of a problem - a good one will cost you money & not 15 dollars.
Ionic with ceramic is good & with help with the frizz - if you can pay for an ionic one, then get one as they aren't that expensive these days anyway. The problem with really cheap hair dryers is they usually create a lot of frizz which you really don't want when styling your hair. Ionic hair dryers help to solve this issue. Add ceramic & you have a hairdryer that will last you very long & which will make your hairstyle better - any kind of hairstyle.

Wow, good to know I asked all the right questions when I did my desk research for a replacement hair dryer - I bought a Spiderman Salon Series Ultralight Ionic Hair Dryer, in fact my daughter in Holland and my son in Australia have one each as well!
01-14-2015, 10:32 PM
conair has some good ones
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which best Hair Dryer Brands for men fall in top-5 List? nafisbd 0 400 10-18-2015 10:23 AM
Last Post: nafisbd
  Conair 1875 Watts hair dryer for men? Barber Opinions? The1HairThatWontStay 0 390 09-18-2015 05:07 PM
Last Post: The1HairThatWontStay
  Do I really need an expensive hair dryer for mens hairstyles? Zeeshibz 3 1,083 09-09-2015 01:07 PM
Last Post: Zeeshibz
  Parlux 385 Power Light Ceramic and Ionic Hair Dryer Review greatbritain123 1 1,039 06-11-2015 07:55 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum