Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips and tricks on growing hair long and fast?
07-09-2015, 04:04 AM
Tips and tricks on growing hair long and fast?
Hey guys i wanna start growing my hair, any tips and tricks? I'm really worried that the hair will look awful in the growing phase, is there anything i can do about that? Any way to speed up the hair growth? Should i take hair growth supplements?

My hair is currently quite short, I've got no idea how much ti,e it will take to grow to the point where i can make a small bun and the growing process looks quite painful to get through, as i said i'm mostly worried how is it going to look while i'm letting it grow. That's why i'm asking you guys how to speed this up a bit, and overall any useful tips related to this.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 08:15 AM
RE: Tips and tricks on growing hair long and fast?
Your hair growth potential and speed is in your genes, you cannot max out over what your genes allow. But no one can tell you what's your potential unless they looked at your genetic code and even then it would be a waste of time and money. So do not fall for those scams promising your super fast hair growth and all that because I've seen a lot and some of our barbershop customers have sent hundreds of pounds (UK) on stuff that they literally peed away.

The average hair growth rate for a healthy adult is half an inch per month, which is about one centimetre per month. Some guys can grow their hair faster and some grow their hair slower. You can realistically get about 3/4 of an inch of hair growth per month or about two centimetres if you have a great diet and if you're under the age of 40 as well as you're not suffering from male hair loss.

We have discussed in the forum some of the best supplements to help with hair growth. These supplements are nutrients that your body needs to grow healthy hair and which many men do not get in the right amounts through their diet so using supplements is a wise idea. But don't expect miracles of tying a man bun in two months because that will not happen.

Some of the most important hair nutrients for men are zinc, vitamin A, vitamin C and omega-3 fats. There are others like vitamin E or iodine, but the four main nutrients I mentioned before are the basics of healthy and fast hair growth for men. See this discussion on the best supplements for men's hair growth as it has tons of information on all the nutrients needed for healthy hair growth and a faster hair growth rate. BUt again remember that these nutrients when supplied through supplements are there to jump help your follicles produce faster and better hair strands within what your genes allow.

In that thread you will also hear of other supplements like methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) and biotin (which is another vitamin) which have some people saying they help even more and while others say they didn't mention anything. All the supplements in that thread are safe so even if you tried something like methylsulfonylmethane, the worst that you would do is to empty your wallet a tad.

Methylsulfonylmethane isn't expensive and the same goes for the rest of supplements above, but some cheeky manufacturers will create a product with all those nutrients and call it their 'super hair growing' supplement and charge you ten times the cost of what it would cost you to buy the supplements as they are.

Check that thread and get at least the recommended supplements for zinc, vitamin C and cod liver oil. The cod liver oil is because it contains omega 3 fats and also vitamin A so you're killing two birds with one stone. You can also get regular fish oil instead which has omega 3 fats but doesn't have vitamin A, so you would have to buy the vitamin A apart.

Another supplement which could help is minoxidil. This is a hair loss supplement that helps your follicles get better nutrition through the blood flow, that's why it helps with hair loss. I've heard lots of anecdotes of minoxidil making hair grow faster in guys who are balding. We even had a forum member trying minoxidil on his facial hair and he said that it helped him to get a thicker beard! Big Grin whether minoxidil will help you to grow your hair faster if you're not balding, I really can't tell, but if you're desperate to grow your hair as fast as possibly then it's worth a try for three months or so.

If you're interested in minoxidil then see this hair loss products list. Minoxidil is just the chemical itself and it is in products like Rogaine (famous in the field of hair loss) and there are other cheaper alternatives to Rogaine in that hair loss products list. If you're going to use any of those minoxidil products then try the one you buy for at least three months as minoxidil takes time to show all the benefits it provides.

If you want to get a man bun hairstyle then remember that the minimum hair length for a man bun is eight inches. That's about eighteen centimetres or about a year of growing your hair from a buzz cut. Do you really want to be growing your hair long for a year non stop?

About how your hair will look during the process, if you follow this forum then you will manage it easily. Your hair will look great during the process. It's the guys who don't give a damn about hair care or a right diet that end up with bad hair and have to buzz it after six months of growing their hair long. You can also look into getting a book called the men's hair book (see this thread for the book and what it is all about) which covers all the stuff that you need to know to grow healthy hair and keep it like that for the rest of your life.

Don't look for miracles mate because they just don't occur when it comes to growing hair for men. Cheers!
07-09-2015, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 09:25 AM by Mane Man.)
As someone who is growing his hair long I can say that what Bradley say is exactly what you need to follow. I can tie a man bun but I am wanting to grow my hair longer. I can say without a doubt that a good diet and those supplements have helped not just with growing my hair faster but also with making my hair look healthier. Also I'm one of the guys who has gotten good results from MSM with biotin, but your mileage may vary.

One more tip that I would add is to not pull your hair when it is getting longer. It is very easy to damage hair so avoid using combs or tying a man bun when it's still too early. Like Bradley said you will need at least 8 inches of hair length before being able to ti a man bun. If you try to tie a manbun with shorter hair then you will damage your hair and you follicles. And I speak from experience unfortunately.
07-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Thanks a lot guys!!
07-09-2015, 03:19 PM
One more thing,
How exactly should i know what to do with my hair when its still in growing phase and i wont know what to do with it?

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 186 Today 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 393 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 6,831 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 248 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes