Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thickening hair products for mens hairstyles, what to buy?
07-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Thickening hair products for mens hairstyles, what to buy?
I know that there are thickening shampoos out there, but what would you recommend for thickening products for mens hairstyles? So the hairstyles look thicker and with more volume.

I am talking of thickening products like hair gel or hair wax... something that is used in the styling stage of the hairstyle so that it gives it a fuller and thicker look. While we are at it, which shampoo would you recommend to combine with the hairstyling products for maximum thickness and fullness? I have seen a couple shampoos recommended in the forum but I am not sure if there is any shampoo that plays well with any of the thickening hair styling products that would be recommended.

FYI I am not going bald. But my hair sometimes looks thin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: Thickening hair products for mens hairstyles, what to buy?
Zorba, there are the classic thickening shampoos and conditioners but I have a feeling that you are referring to thickening hairSTYLING products, so I will address those. In any case, if you're interested in a thickening shampoo and/or conditioner, then have a look at our hair shampoo guide and/or check out this thickening shampoo & conditioner which comes as a combo set (huge 1-liter thickening shampoo and thickening conditioner bottles!).

There are several hair thickening products for men that involve hair gel and similar styling products. Mostly, they contain some kind of add-on ingredients that provides an extra thickening layer to the hair strands and thus the overall thickening effect of the hair.

On top of the above, there are certain products that inherently thicken the hair, and the most prominent hair thickening product is hair mousse. A hair dryer is also an excellent styling tool that yields an overall thickening appearance of the hair (i.e. volume), so I highly recommend you to look into a good hair dryer if you're interested in maximizing the hair thickening effects of your styling tools.

Below are several hairstyling products that will certainly provide a thicker, fuller look to your hair while providing the same benefits of the particular styling product in itself. Click each link to see more about each of the products.
  • This hair gel
  • This hair mousse
  • This hair spray: same as a regular hair spray to fix your hair in position but while culling any hair frizz and providing a fuller look.
  • This thickening styling cream: great for natural-looking styles and casual styles for which you want a thick, fuller appearance with extra gloss.
  • This hair dryer: as said, this is a high-quality hair dryer that will not only provide plenty of hair volume but also dry your hair better and faster. The damage that occurs from using regular hair dryers over time is also reduced with this hair dryer in the link, so it's certainly a great styling product to invest in for your long-term hair care.

The products above would be great purchases if you are looking to increase the fullness and thickness of your hair and hairstyles. Add a good thickening shampoo and/or thickening conditioner like the ones I mentioned at the beginning of my post above, and you will have a seriously thickening solution for any kind of hair, from fine hair to male pattern baldness! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 1 170 Yesterday 03:51 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 377 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 132 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 167 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob