Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thick vs Thin Hair
03-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Thick vs Thin Hair
I always see these two words thrown around a lot but I've never actually understood the difference. How can you tell if you have thick or thin hair? Also what are some limitations/advice for each type?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Thick vs Thin Hair
Actually I think the terms thick & thin hair are misused. If you read The Mens Hair book Rogelio gives a really good explanation and mentions that when people refer to 'thick' hair (for example) they are actually talking of high hair density. You would need a microscope to know if you have thick or thin hair while a high density of hair is very noticeable compared to a low density of hair.
I totally agree the terms are used too loosely just like when people say that cutting hair makes it grow thicker... *sigh*
03-28-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Thick vs Thin Hair
Yes it is described in the book and many people make mistakes associating thick hair. What it is really is dense hair that gives illusion of the hair being thick. I was thinking about this and in spanish we call it pelo dense *dense hair* to relate to a lot of hair which is what people talk of thick hair.

A bit confusing if you don't read the book but it is very well explained in the chapter for hair profile in the book and also lots of myths about thick hair in the myths chapter Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Differences Between Thick Hair and Thin Hair? GoodHair 10 30,462 12-18-2015 08:30 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Tattooed hair looking thick and full LOL Jurgen 4 1,738 06-24-2013 11:54 AM
Last Post: Anton