Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The curse of a thick, dense hair and a modern slick back
06-03-2016, 05:57 AM
The curse of a thick, dense hair and a modern slick back
So i have like a trillion of thick hairs on my scalp. Slick back, even a retro pompadour are barely doable with an excessive amounts of heavy hold oil based pomades (so far i was using Pink Reuzel which was good, but very hard to apply and manage, and now lately Uppercut Monster Hold which is a bit more manageable, but less firm than Reuzel).

What i would ultimately like to achieve is a modern slick back, with some volume, but to be able to run through my hair with my fingers, and not to destroy half an hour of sculpturing in one swift move.

While using Uppercut, i found out that it is slightly possible, if i apply it to dry hair, previously mildly formed with a blow-dryer and a rolling brush, but the problem what remains is that after just a few runs through my hair, it starts to stick together and starts to hang down in big chunks (which would not be a big problem if it wasn't so straight, so it just looks, well, odd).

So, this is what i have now...
EDIT: can not post it since i have zero posts

and this is kind of what i would like (like a messy undercut/taper/slick back, that stays more or less in the slick back direction, but with a natural look).
EDIT: 4th image, the dude with the sunglasses and a beard and earrings, if you google "loose undercut"

So, what products, how to manage the hair, how to apply the products, how to wash, dry, comb, everything?

And, sort of related to it, not a haircut so much , but to my hair type and products and all, i would like to have something like this too...
EDIT: 1st image when you google "dcb335564561f9dea66132550878fa96.jpg", the smiling dude with Hawaii shirt.
so for this, other than the same questions, do i just let it grow or do i tell my barber to cut it in some special way?

Finally, is any of the mentioned achievable with my hair?

Thanks and sorry for the long 1st post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thick wavy hair fukdd 0 115 10-07-2016 06:00 PM
Last Post: fukdd
  Longer slick back with more volume (undercut) w/ Pics imortal 0 586 05-01-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: imortal
  Need Styling Help with Bad Haircut for Slicked Back Undercut Breezy22 8 10,779 03-09-2016 04:03 PM
Last Post: LemonMeringue
Thumbs Up Slicked Back Hair Guide: Styles, Haircuts, Products, Pictures, Advice and More TheMensHairForum 15 25,713 12-17-2015 10:14 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c