Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Man Bun - Epic Hairstyle Guide with Advice, Pictures, How to Style and Videos
07-30-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: The Man Bun - Epic Hairstyle Guide with Advice, Pictures, How to Style and Videos
This is freakin awesome!
I just recently discovered this man Bun, and i kinda like the idea.
Too bad i'll probably never be able to grow a Beard like this.
Still, i need about 2 more inches untill i could do a bun, and i will definitly gonna try it out!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Dani Osvaldo hair style.
Dani Osvaldo hair
Football player Dani Osvaldo's hair joins the man bun club. Also known as Pablo Osvaldo, Dani Osvaldo usually complements his manbun hairstyle with a full beard style that looks more like a short boxed beard. He also alternates the bun with a ponybun.

Pictures of Dani Osvaldo's hair style below.

[Image: dani-osvaldo-457281.jpg]

[Image: 474a937b86d1c6586bd861029e87303a.jpg]

[Image: 6e502ef95795041ebc5b0ea845139c4f.jpg]

[Image: 76c738b540ee3d37cac9357d45484a0c.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Osvaldo%2C_Prandelli_e_Napolitano.aspx.jpg]

[Image: Pablo-Osvaldo-008.jpg]

[Image: 95df0349cde5e234164ce75690e30b82.jpg]

[Image: 06a6157edb418d2476e386eda3d3e14b.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mtuekqT1Tz1rjev45o1_500.jpg]
09-29-2014, 05:43 AM
RE: The Man Bun - Epic Hairstyle Guide with Advice, Pictures, How to Style and Videos
I'm a 17 years old Asian and I don't have any obvious facial hair yet (from a normal distance, I am basically 'clean shaven' haha). My question is if I want to rock this hairstyle, will it look feminine on me? I see that most of the guys rocking a man bun have a beard to complement it. I believe I have an oval shape.
10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Devran Taskesen hair

Devran Taskesen is a male model who also has long hair and wears a man bun. I didn't know whom he was until a new forum member mentioned him. We have actually posted pictures of him featuring his beard styles and long mane, but I wasn't aware of his name (the same way that I am not aware of many upcoming hipster male models. They seem to be sprouting from under the rocks LOL).

Posting a couple of pictures of Devran Taskesen's bun hairstyle to add to our already epic collection of pictures Smile

[Image: tumblr_mhkkeikC9p1rjd8mco1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mdyb32tRVr1qg22hlo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_nc400vvhvG1qgjr42.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mq5xsv7Ttt1qf1gzno5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n5c7c2GbqR1qdow07o2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nb4gaeSgum1sarz8lo1_500.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-22-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm very interested in growing this hairstyle, and I've been growing my hair for a while, however my hair very thick and I believe it would be considered a bit wavy. My only issue is I'm probably barely around 3 inches on top and a good amount less on my sides and people. What could I do with my hair in the meantime?

I also have a hipster beard. I just measured my extended hair and my top is just over 2.5 inches. The sides are in the short category.
03-23-2015, 06:45 AM
The minimum hair length for a man bun is 6 inches, although we recommend 8 inches.
(03-22-2015 05:12 PM)partounian Wrote:  I'm very interested in growing this hairstyle, and I've been growing my hair for a while, however my hair very thick and I believe it would be considered a bit wavy. My only issue is I'm probably barely around 3 inches on top and a good amount less on my sides and people. What could I do with my hair in the meantime?

I also have a hipster beard. I just measured my extended hair and my top is just over 2.5 inches. The sides are in the short category.

You need much longer hair as 3 inches on the top isn't enough to even reach the crown from the forelock. The hair length needed for your man bun will depend on whether you want a full man bun or a man bun Undercut or topknot.

Full man bun:

This is the manbun style in which all your scalp hair (i.e. all the hair on your head) is tied into the bun. To get a full man bun, you will need at least 10 inches, although 12 inches is better.

Man bun Undercut or top knot:

With the man bun Undercut, you will only be tying the hair on the top of your head as the sides and back will be done in an Undercut haircut. The minimum hair length for the manbun Undercut is 6 inches, although we recommend to grow the hair a little bit more to 8 inches. Same goes for the topknot.

The problem with the minimum lengths for the man bun (whether a full bun or an Undercut bun) is that they are the shortest lengths needed to tie a bun by pulling and tying it tightly. Traction alopecia is a real risk with man buns and while you need to wear a tight bun 24/7 for months on end, it's an issue that is there and that is even more important to avoid in men who are beginning to bald, as a tight bun will accelerate the loss of hair around the hairline.

Since you have 3 inches of hair length currently, you still have about 6 months of waiting to do to get to 6 inches of hair length. The average hair growth rate for an adult male is half an inch per month, although this can vary depending on diet, thyroid output, cortisol levels and disease.

Make sure to optimize your nutrition and add in some vitamin and minerals if your diet isn't very good. Most men walk around with a slower hair growth rate than their genes allow due to bad nutrition habits. Optimizing your intake of hair-friendly vitamins like vitamin A and C and minerals like zinc as well as omega-3 fatty acids (from fish oil or cod liver oil) can increase your hair growth and get you stronger hair strands. This is indeed a plausible road to take if you wan to grow enough hair length for a man bun as fast as possible! Smile

If you want to know about the nutrients needed to optimize your hair growth speed, then have a look at our hair nutrition discussion for more details on getting the most out of what your genes allow you.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-24-2015, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 06:26 AM by partounian.)
Man bun with hipster beard advice.
Thank you for the help! Smile
I spent a good amount of time reading through your book after making the post. However, my main question is what could I do in the meantime, while it's growing?
These are pictures of what it currently looks like.

Moderator edit: since your thread is asking for personal feedback, we've moved your question as a new thread asking for man bun hairstyle advice while growing hair.
05-02-2016, 05:19 PM
The beard with the bun seems to help give it a more masculine but hipster-ish look to me.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Hairstyles for Beards - Guide with Pictures and Advice TheMensHairForum 12 715,485 10-27-2017 07:23 PM
Last Post: ceyyto
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 17 29,884 07-19-2017 07:14 PM
Last Post: Robert.Brown
  Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut advice Alex 39 385,915 07-19-2017 12:38 PM
  Short Haircuts for Men - Guide with Pictures, Tips and Advice TheMensHairForum 23 561,812 07-19-2017 11:17 AM