Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Flat Top haircut with Pictures and Products
01-07-2014, 12:21 PM
The Flat Top haircut with Pictures and Products
I was going through pictures of NFL player Mike Ditka when I found pictures of his Flat Top haircut back when he was with the Chicago Bears.

Flat Top haircuts are rare outside military life although back in the 1960s and 1970s, the Flat Top was a more common barbershop haircut among civilians. The haircut itself needs to be done by a skilled barber, especially one with experience in military haircuts. Likewise, you will need straight hair to be able to pull a proper FlatTop, hence the rarity of this particular military cut.

Pictures of the Flat Top haircut

[Image: ditka_inside052413.jpg]

[Image: Ditka_mike_4.jpg]

[Image: 602]

If this one was slightly shorter, it could be considered a Brush Cut too

[Image: 89.ditka.jpg]

Hair products for the Flat Top haircut

I recommend you to get your first Flat Top at the barbershop by a skilled barber. Only then, use a hair clipper to retouch the sides and back. You can also retouch the hair on the top with a hair clipper or with shears. To style a Flat Top, all you will need is some good hair wax or gel.

Hair products to get
- Get this premium hair clipper: this is the kind of hair clipper designed to cut through all kinds of hair and the battery lasts a damn long time. It is cordless and of very high quality, hence the price. See it as an investment.
- Get this set of shears: just like with a good hair clipper, it is always a good thing to have a set of shears at home to do all kinds of haircuts you want without having to go and pay for a haircut that involves minimal trimming you could have done yourself.
- Get this hair wax: use a fingertip to help keep the hair vertical.
- Get this hair gel: just like with the hair wax although the hair gel will give a harder look to your hair.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: The Flat Top haircut with Pictures and Products
thick solid tight
for those of us with curls and kinks the flattop is the equivalent of the high top fade then right?
01-08-2014, 06:37 AM
(01-07-2014 03:28 PM)Robert Wrote:  thick solid tight
for those of us with curls and kinks the flattop is the equivalent of the high top fade then right?

That's correct, Robert. Although a High Top Fade is usually longer and can be shaped vertically in different ways, but in crude terms, yes, they are similar, especially since a Fat Top is done with straight hair and a High Top Fade with curly kinky hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Another haircut that I think it's difficult for someone to pull off.

The one I liked much, having such a haircut, is Kurt Russel in Stargate!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 625,901 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut advice Alex 36 252,055 08-07-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: AlexVI
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 16 24,208 07-31-2016 11:40 PM
Last Post: Kiddfresh
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 112,194 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight