Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Curly hair book rules
11-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Thumbs Up The Curly hair book rules
I just finished reading the Curly Hair book by Rogelio & i'm flipping with so much stuff I got to learn of my hair... I was trying the curly hair weekly routine he created as i read along and doing the shampoo frequency thing, my curls were soft and 'em girls were complimenting my curls -- type iv, Corbin bleu style -- in just 2 weeks
Even my brother -- real life bro-- was asking me if I had a perm as our sister she all the time perming her curls. Learned finally the differences in conditioners & when to use, built my own routine with the template of the book -- currently on 1/4 weekly just cuz I sweat a lot with football training and gym.
Epic book is all I'm saying, sent Rogelio an email pretty much declaring my love to this guy lol owe much to him cuz I actually hated my curly hair for most my life even relaxed it a couple of times. Lots of lulz in the book too so I enjoyed the book much.I know Rogelio is a mod here to kudos to you bro!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: The Curly hair book rules
x10 Cool
That book and the Men's Hair Book from Rogelio too are must have books, no exceptions!
I bought an extra 4 last week to give out as christmas gifts, I know a couple of dudes who seriously need the hair advice in the book Big Grin
(this is The Curly Hair Book for anyone who hasn't seen it yet BTW)
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I have talked with Rogelio before and he is like no one else in the hair care industry and I'm talking of the women's niche too. Truly a remarkable man and a pioneer IMO He's the only person I could think of capable of writing books on men's hair and actually do it great Big Grin

Congratulations Robert. I have also read The Curly Hair Book and the book is a total blast to read, enjoyable, funny and written with Rogelio's unique style you read at Manly Curls Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

The Curly Hair Book is a book I put my soul into as it carries my very personal case extrapolating it to the book's reader so that he can make the most of his curly hair; whatever the type or shape it may be. The goal is to carry and spread the word, and it's an honour to hear feedback like this!

Have a couple of things prepared, so stay tuned to Manly Curls!

Best to all

Rogelio

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
11-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Rogelio not only you have a cool name but youre also one cool dude and have a vision to bring epicness to anyone who comes across you! Your books are the standard of quality by which all hair care products should benchmark themselves, that's how good I consider them and I have been in this industry for many many years bro.

Any good words for you are well earned Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I hav the Mens Hair book from Rogelio which came after the curly hair book and I learned everything needed about my hair so much the only thing I regret is not knowing every thing I learned in the book before.It would have saved me from lots of bad haircuts and bad hair days Big Grin
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
another vote from me for the Mens Hair book from rogelio, i know this thread is about the curly hair book but both books are just epiccc!!! Big Grin
11-27-2013, 02:23 PM
OK we are also talking about The Men's Hair Book now so people dont get confused:

The Men's Hair Book
The Curly Hair Book
The 2 books by Rogelio, both of the books are excellent books for hair care and hairstyles but for curly men get The Curly Hair Book first. I love that book Heart
11-28-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 11:57 AM by Robert.)
(11-22-2013 11:39 AM)Curly Hair Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

The Curly Hair Book is a book I put my soul into as it carries my very personal case extrapolating it to the book's reader so that he can make the most of his curly hair; whatever the type or shape it may be. The goal is to carry and spread the word, and it's an honour to hear feedback like this!

Have a couple of things prepared, so stay tuned to Manly Curls!

Best to all

Rogelio

thankz bro

(11-19-2013 07:53 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  x10 Cool
That book and the Men's Hair Book from Rogelio too are must have books, no exceptions!
I bought an extra 4 last week to give out as christmas gifts, I know a couple of dudes who seriously need the hair advice in the book Big Grin
(this is The Curly Hair Book for anyone who hasn't seen it yet BTW)

seriously I was going thru the chapter on myths and every myth busted was like wtf cos I have wasted soo much time in the past with these myths like the one about cutting hair often to make it grow faster Big Grin glad Rogelio debunked them all & sorted me out str8 !
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
yah its a really good book for curly hair and black men cuz it gives us black folks so many more hair style and hair care options, just lay off the hair clipper for a while and gro dat fro bro
12-20-2013, 08:35 AM
man dat dere sebum coating method from the book is making my curls luscious as fuuu everyone is asking what have i done to my curly hair lol like a boss
12-28-2013, 08:42 AM
(11-27-2013 02:23 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  OK we are also talking about The Men's Hair Book now so people dont get confused:

The Men's Hair Book
The Curly Hair Book
The 2 books by Rogelio, both of the books are excellent books for hair care and hairstyles but for curly men get The Curly Hair Book first. I love that book Heart

Well i have both books now & all I can say is both are essential books for styling and male hair care without a doubt! so another + from me
12-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the further feedback and kind words. It makes my day every time I hear or read the positive changes my books and words have made on those who read my works.

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
01-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi, so i was thinking of purchasing but can anyone tell me, as a curly haired man, does the curly hair book cover everything i need to know or does the men's hair book add to it - (if it does, what does it add). for the record i have 'type I' curls. also i just want to say i'm loving the forum as whole so far and learnt a lot just going on Rogelio's website as well.
01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
(01-28-2014 12:57 PM)j.s.101 Wrote:  Hi, so i was thinking of purchasing but can anyone tell me, as a curly haired man, does the curly hair book cover everything i need to know or does the men's hair book add to it - (if it does, what does it add). for the record i have 'type I' curls. also i just want to say i'm loving the forum as whole so far and learnt a lot just going on Rogelio's website as well.

As far as I can tell, Rogelio has said that The Curly Hair Book has all needed for a curly dude to make the most of his curls and the book also has a lot of motivation and inspiration in just about every line.

On the other hand, The Men's Hair Book is like a hair encyclopedia with slightly more technical stuff and where Rogelio describes his hair management equation which is a big system that deals with everything about hair (profiling, grooming, hair care and styling), so The Men's Hair Book is a bit deeper in information than The Curly Hair Book simply because the Men's Hair Book is for men with all kinds of hair while The Curly Hair Book is for men with wavy hair to coiled curly hair to afro textured hair.

I have both books and they are both essential books to own and read, and they are written "Rogelio style" so, basically, the books are written the same way that Rogelio writes at Manly Curls or Men's Hair Blog. Both books are easy to read and funny, especially The Curly Hair Book as Rogelio relates to you in the book and to how he solved his curly hair problems on a personal level, including talking about how women love "luscious" curly hair ("luscious curls" is a term he coined for nice curly hair and it has a story behind it too LOL). In the Men's Hair Book, Rogelio actually has full barbershop case studies that he implemented and documented with a professional barber in a barbershop (just those case studies alone are worth buying the book!).

In more of a summary, both books are great books and the main differences are:
  • The Curly Hair Book: it's for men with wavy hair, curly hair, afro textured hair or naturally frizzy hair. If you have low self esteem because of your hair or you hate your hair, this IS the book for you. Rogelio is a naturally charismatic guy and not only he gives you all the advice needed for curly hair but he also constantly raises your motivation with lots of examples for inspiration, personal situations, lots of personal advice etc. Remember, Rogelio has been the first person to lead the field so he has experience with lots of guys' hair and you really feel his passion for his message and spreading it!
  • The Men's Hair Book: a bit longer than The Curly Hair Book (250+ pages long), this is THE book to have if you want better hair and don't necessarily hate your hair. This book covers everything and with so much detail that I've been personally impressed with the amount knowledge he has written and wants to pass to the reader. Just check out the chapter with the busting of myths LOL epic! The Men's Hair Book is the kind of book to have in your library and be constantly referencing every time you have a question about your hair or hairstyle. There's all kind of diagrams, tables (including tables estimating the times for growing hair to X length) and very helpful drawings including the Norwood classification drawing which one must have permission to use and publish in a book and which can potentially cost $$$ to be able to use it in your book. I know Rogelio got authorization from the medical journal it was published in but I don't know how much he paid for its use Big Grin

Are you a bit clearer with which book you want to go with now?

BTW Rogelio has two hair type guides. He has one hair type guide exclusively for curly hair which is the one on Manly Curls and in The Curly Hair Book and this typing guide for curly hair became very popular and even hairdressers use his guide (it's the one you reference too as that's the one with the Roman numbers e.g. Type I, II, III, IV and V).

In The Men's Hair Book, Rogelio uses another hair type guide which covers straight hair too so his second hair type guide is more of a general hair type guide for everybody. We use Rogelio's 2nd hair type guide in the forum (with his permission) as an official hair guide as the guide is that good and helps to put your hair fast into a type. Both of his hair typing guides work really well but Rogelio, being a curly guy, wanted to first give a specific guide to curly men and then publish the rest of his hair teachings for the rest of men.

Rogelio browses the forum every once in a while but the above is pretty much the difference between both books. He has also said that there is no need to buy both books at the same time and says that one book will be perfectly enough for anyone wanting better hair. Some guys like myself have bought both books because Rogelio is unique and knows far more about hair than what most hair professionals known who have been at it for decades (I can vouch for this), plus everyone knows that whatever Rogelio writes, it will be, as he puts it, bullshit free and Sex in the City free Smile

You can get The Men's Hair Book HERE (Amazon bookstore) and The Curly Hair Book HERE (Amazon bookstore).

02-20-2014, 05:21 PM
After getting both books and given them a good read i can say they are worth every pence or cent paid. For some one like me whose really getting into the barbershop business as an apprentice theres so much stuff that if the clients we get at the barbershop knew they then would not be coming as often as they do lol

imo a lot of the hair issues guys have is because of their hair care or lack there of. There a lot of stuff on styling your hair and all the haircuts but there is so much more to this book. You get to learn hair care and daily and long term grooming and even the right nutrition ffs even the master barber at our b-shop was mindblown and took notes lol lots of case studies even one on nutrition so how by a regular geezer changed his nutrition a bit he got so much better hair. Ive upped zinc and vitamin c and seen changes already specially with my scalp *I get heavy dandruff at times during winter but the zinc plus vitamin c really has made a difference. Im now been upping fish oil like Rogelio mentions helped him and sebum and hair shine is much better.
And visible better, couple clients commented. One mentioned if i changed pomades ha

my £ 00.2
04-15-2014, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 09:23 PM by worsthairever.)
I too would like to give a big thank you to Rogelio for his Curly hair book as well. I have only read the sample pages on amazon.com and that's when I knew it was for me, because I have really thick, curly ( wavy ) hair and have low self-confidence having it on my head. It just kind of grows outward and outward like an Afro. I thought afro's were for people who aren't really white like me . I have pretty pale white skin. I'm Irish with auburn hair, more brown color in my auburn hair than red. Anyway I can't wait to receive it and read the rest. I ordered it a week ago and I'm waiting for it in the mail.

I also want to say I love the minimalist art style of the covers of your books, they look awesome like that. Great covers!

Thanks Rogelio. I hope , and have a good feeling your Curly Hair Book will raise my self-esteem about my hair and have some great info on how to style my hair and make it look sexy to the ladies :-)
06-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Do any of these books cater to Black guys? It's hard finding material dedicated to us.
07-01-2014, 09:00 AM
(06-30-2014 08:20 PM)Stylish Brotha Wrote:  Do any of these books cater to Black guys? It's hard finding material dedicated to us.

Just for your information, several members who have replied in this thread are black males Smile

The Curly Hair Book is an excellent book for black men as the book goes through the most common curly hair type that black men have (known in the book as Type V curls).

The Curly Hair Book has everything you need to succeed with your curls and kinks, and Rogelio has based his epic knowledge in part from having seen hundreds of heads over the years, including the heads of black guys who came to him for hair advice!

I highly recommend it to you if you need the right answers for your hair (just don't stop reading our forum once you've read the book Big Grin)

07-02-2014, 07:21 PM
(07-01-2014 09:00 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(06-30-2014 08:20 PM)Stylish Brotha Wrote:  Do any of these books cater to Black guys? It's hard finding material dedicated to us.

Just for your information, several members who have replied in this thread are black males Smile

The Curly Hair Book is an excellent book for black men as the book goes through the most common curly hair type that black men have (known in the book as Type V curls).

The Curly Hair Book has everything you need to succeed with your curls and kinks, and Rogelio has based his epic knowledge in part from having seen hundreds of heads over the years, including the heads of black guys who came to him for hair advice!

I highly recommend it to you if you need the right answers for your hair (just don't stop reading our forum once you've read the book Big Grin)

Wow, I had no idea this book was written for us too Smile I will make sure I post both copies and participate on the forums as much as possible. Thank you!

Now why don't I have much access to the forums yet?Confused
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 333 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 296 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,230 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 277 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203