Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple hair isn't growing? Thinning temples on black male
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:21 PM by gc679.)
Temple hair isn't growing? Thinning temples on black male
Hello. I'm a black male, 36, pretty lucky to not have serious hair loss problems. Thanks to the military and corporate world, I've been wearing my hair the same way for about 20 years now -- the Nas, Dwyane Wade, Obama cut. Recently I decided to grow my hair out, and get the hightop fade I had when I was really young.

After letting it grow for a few months, I'm really noticing my hair thinning at both temples. The hair looks even if I cut the top off with a clipper guard at 3/8" open, but past that, the temple area isn't as thick as the top and crown and elsewhere.

Is this really hair loss? Or does it just mean my temples aren't as thick as the rest of my hair? I cut my hair back down, 1/4" guard, and my hair looks even again. I haven't taken special care of my hair over the years, but what can I do to make my temples appear even with the rest of my hair? Am I even styling my African hair correctly?

If there's nothing I can do, I guess I can keep wearing my hair the same way for good, but I'd rather have a new hairstyle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Non-male pattern balding? Losing hair but unsure about reason AntonD 4 224 10-18-2016 06:28 PM
Last Post: AntonD
  Male pattern baldness with itchy scalp starting at 18 years of age? kokolala666 1 239 09-07-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: kokolala666
  My hair on my head isn't growing anymore after shaving. Help? Orionancient 1 425 06-01-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jones
  Natural looking tattoo hairline for black men with receding hair juno01 0 416 02-20-2016 10:47 AM
Last Post: juno01