Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth Whitening
01-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Teeth Whitening
Has anyone used the crest whitening strips and would please tell me if its worth it or not? I want to get white teeth but can't afford the dentist treatments
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 10:20 AM
RE: Teeth Whitening
I read that baking soda helps in whitening teeth. You should try that.
03-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Whitening of teeth is bad on enamel and can cause problem with your teethRolleyes
04-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Very cheap solution - Get hydrogen peroxide and mix with some water in the cap then gargle for about 30 seconds, rinse mouth out after with lots of water. Do it a couple of times a week, not every day. This whitens AND gets rid of bad breath.
04-14-2015, 06:32 AM
I've also heard about using baking soda for your teeth. But I have heard about it for washing your teeth with baking soda. Not for using it for whitening your teeth. The theory behind it is that baking soda is alkaline so it neutralizes the acids that corrode the enamel. So that's the first line of defense against teeth corrosion and teeth darkening.

It could make sense to use baking soda for teeth whitening but my guess is that you would have to use it for weeks at a time to get any effect.
(04-13-2015 10:16 PM)itsme39 Wrote:  Very cheap solution - Get hydrogen peroxide and mix with some water in the cap then gargle for about 30 seconds, rinse mouth out after with lots of water. Do it a couple of times a week, not every day. This whitens AND gets rid of bad breath.

It's interesting that I have also heard of the hydrogen peroxide to whiten teeth. How many weeks do you recommend to use the twice a week frequency to start getting the teeth whitening effect? Could this be done on teeth that have cavities or have been fixed?
04-14-2015, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 11:25 PM by itsme39.)
Sunset I was using it DAILY before I knew better that its not recommended. My teeth looked much more white a week or two of that and have kind of stuck to that even though I cut down. I had cavities when I was younger and I'm ok so cant be to bad Wink
03-05-2016, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 12:00 PM by Random.)
Make a paste out of baking soda and peroxide. Brush your teeth with it let stand 1 minute and rinse well. The ratio should be 2 parts peroxide to 1 part baking soda.
03-26-2016, 04:26 PM
I read that this procedure is good but only if you use it not very often. Smth like once for several years.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------