Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review
11-16-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 10:53 AM by Charms434.)
Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review
Teddy Boy Original is part of the new wave of water based pomades that have hit the market in the last 1-2 years. For years you had a choice between oil based 'true pomades' or basically gel in a plastic tub (yes I'm looking at you Suavecito).

These newer 'unorthodox water based' give all the hold and softness of oil based but can be washed out with one shampooing (is shampooing even a word? Lol).

For years water based pomades have behaved like gels. Your hair eventually gets hard, the, dry and then brittle. Not very pomade-like. Water-based pomades for men in this forum have really erupted once they came out in the last few years.

When you open Teddy Boy your first surprised by its almost body lotion consistency. It has a bay rum and mint smell (and kind of smells like lemonade to me).

It's best to apply to towel dried hair. It goes through super smooth. I used it both for a classic undercut and then for a pomp.

It held like an oil based! My hair had a good medium hold that I didn't have to worry about (especially the pomp held high!). But more importantly, it was soft. I could totally run my hair through it if I wanted too. And no 'helmet head'. Very impressed!

After work it was still holding. Even though I moved from a hot office to a cold fall day. Before I went out that night, i sprayed a little water and tightened up a couple of loose hairs. I didn't need to add any more product.

Overall: Teddy Boy Original has a medium hold and a nice little shine. Yes, it lived up to the hype! Water based finally have something close to an oil based.

Thumbs up from me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 296 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,807 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Volumizing hair mousse or product for styling thin hair? 92GTA 2 479 06-15-2016 08:12 PM
Last Post: 92GTA
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 544 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum