Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea tree oil products for hair loss or thin hair?
07-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Tea tree oil products for hair loss or thin hair?
I can see that lot of mens hair products now use tea tree oil, but can you use tea tree oil products for hair loss? like i read that tea tree oil is good for dandruff and works similar to the Ketoconazole in Nizoral which is also great for dandruff but lots of balding guys use it.

So would it be possible for us men with thin hair or thinning hair to also use mens hair products with tea tree oil to manage our hair loss? thanks for any replies!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Tea tree oil products for hair loss or thin hair?
Vladimir, I answered a question that you also had on hair products for thinning hair, and one of the recommended products was a conditioner with tea tree oil (this one HERE). It's a great hair thickening conditioner, and the fact that it contains tea tree oil makes it a great adjunct to a hair loss regimen. You can also get shampoos and pomades with tea tree oil (see further down below for product recommendations), so you can build your own male hair product arsenal and make the most of an ingredient (tea tree oil) that has a lot of potential for male hair health.

Tea tree oil has been shown to help with inflammation caused by the Malassezia globosa fungus, which causes dandruff. There is a theory that the Malassezia globosa fungus itself exacerbates male pattern baldness due to the fungus causing chronic scalp inflammation. Likewise in some people who are not balding, the inflammation caused by the fungus could lead to sub-optimal hair growth and thickness. The latter is a theory of mine but it could well have some validity considering that inflammation in the body causes a host of diseases.

Tea tree oil has been shown to increase the cross sectional diameter of hair strands in rats, so tea tree oil surely poses itself as an agent to use with your hair products in your hair grooming routine whether you're balding or have thin hair.

Products with tea tree oil are somewhat more expensive due to the tea tree ingredient itself, although the price difference isn't that high anyway, and it's worth it if you are worried about your thin hair or balding. Here is a list of recommended mens hair products with tea tree oil (read more in each link):
  • This shampoo
  • The conditioner I recommended at the beginning of my post in the first link is a great tea tree oil conditioner. However, if you want to get the most bang for your buck, then go ahead and get the shampoo and conditioner duo pack so that you get the benefits of the tea tree shampoo and tea tree oil conditioner. It's a great purchase if you're interested in making the most of teatree oil, and you can get the shampoo and conditioner duo pack from THIS vendor.
  • This pomade (for slicking your hair and combing it to the side or back)
  • This hair gel (for shaping your hair). The hold strength of the gel in the link is "firm".
  • This hair spray (to help fix your hair in position after shaping it or combing it).
All the products above will go a long way to ensure that you are getting a good amount of tea tree oil in your hair and that you can reap it's anti fungal and scalp friendly benefits!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 279 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 326 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Hair weave vs hair transplant, best hairloss solution? SUMITAMIT 0 311 08-16-2016 08:32 AM
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 398 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP