Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo review
10-16-2014, 12:59 PM
TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo review
This is a review of TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo. The actual name is TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. Why the dirty secret name? I think it is best we don't ask Big Grin This review is from a female perspective but like I always say, if it works on the delicate tresses and complex hair care needs of us women, then it will surely work for men. I also do know from first hand experience that the Rockaholic Dirty Secret dry shampoo also works on men anyway. So you can parallel this review I am posting to your case too Smile

It's no secret that I don't like to wash my hair every day. I don't want to take the time to wash, dry or blow dry, and style each and every day. This is perhaps the only point where men and women differ when it comes to hair care Smile

As a stylist, you might think I would want squeaky clean hair at all times. But in reality it's healthier for your hair and scalp not to be washed all the time and they are plenty of threads in this forum that talks about infrequent shampoo use. It allows the natural oils to spread through the hair, moisturizing it and helping it stay healthy and strong. On the downside, natural oils and product build-up can make hair look drab, dirty, and well, oily. Yuck.

To save the day (or at least your hairdo for another day) in steps, "Dirty Secret" from TIGI's latest line of hair products called, "Rockaholic", is here to give us convenience as a dry shampoo. This is a great fix for those of us who don't want to spend time shampooing our own heads every day. Certainly, the product line appeals to my 'inner rock star.' Just looking at the tattoo inspired packaging makes me want one of each product for my home bathroom, as do the fun product names, such as "Dirty Secret." But does "Dirty Secret" live up to it's name? Does it really "Keep Your Hair Rockin' for One More Day" like the packaging claims?

"Dirty Secret" by TIGI is a dry shampoo. When your hair starts to look dirty and oily, shake the can well, and spray at the roots to absorb the excess oil. It's very simple and fast, although I would recommend brushing out the excess product after it absorbs the oil from your scalp. It has a nice scent to it, also, to help freshen your hair. The cost is a bit higher than the regular shampoos but it isn't too bad for a professional salon product. The net weight of the one I tried is 6.3 oz, enough to last your for a pretty long time.

When I first tried "Dirty Secret" I had mixed feelings, but after a couple of uses I decided that I really liked it. First of all, it smells good without being too overpowering. That's important, especially if the people around you are sensitive to fragrance or if you want to wear perfume or cologne. Second, it really does absorb oil and take away that greasy - oil-slick look that no one really wants to have. Not all dry shampoos give these results and I have tried some that are simply disgusting. And as an added bonus of the TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo, it gave some nice texture and volume to my locks. Anything that gives my hair texture and volume without feeling sticky or tacky is a good thing in my opinion.

There is, of course, a downside to "Dirty Secret". Every product has pros and cons, and TIGI's products, even the ROCKAHOLIC line, is no different. The dry shampoo tends to put a grey cast on your hair. My hair has some red tones in it, so the grey wasn't really obvious, and went away completely when I brushed the excess product out of my hair. But brushing my hair meant I had to restyle my hair a bit, but it wasn't too difficult since I didn't have to start from scratch. The other downside is that this is an aerosol product and in this age of green living, aerosols are quickly becoming a no-no. Hopefully TIGI will catch on and come up with a non-aerosol version of this product.

TIGI products are professional salon products, so you always get a good deal that will work as claimed, no matter the range of product from TIGI. In a pinch, if you are unable to find the TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo, it does seem to fly off the shelves at the salon. You could in theory use a bit of aerosol hairspray the same way to clean the hair but I only recommend this to keep your hair clean for only a couple of days as you wait for your new Rockaholic Dry Shampoo to arrive. Spray at your roots and brush out, but use sparingly so your hair doesn't get too stiff with hairspray.

Better yet, just try the TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo. And rock on!

Elena
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Great review of the TIGI Rockaholic dry shampoo!
Another great review from you, Elena!

Dry shampoos are becoming more common, and it's important to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are some horrendous dry shampoo products in the market but there are some great products too.

I don't particularly use dry shampoos, but this stems from the fact that I get to shampoo my hair all the time in the shower. An example of a situation, where a dry shampoo would be useful, would be if you go to the gym in your lunch break and don't have time to wet your hair in the shower. Likewise, if you have been out all morning sweating and then have to come back to the office, then a dry shampoo would be useful as you could just use it in the office's bathroom and be done with your hair's cleanliness in mere minutes! Or, if you go camping and there isn't enough water to shampoo your hair, then again a dry shampoo would become a valuable thing to have at that moment.

Plenty of examples of where and how to use a shampoo, so it's a great purchase if you can see yourself in any situation where cleaning your hair while dry would be of merit.

I've also seen that you've posted several dry shampoo reviews going through some of the best dry shampoos available and recommending which ones are useful and work as advertised. Just like your review in this thread, the reviews you posted in that other thread (see link) are very useful to anyone thinking of buying a dry shampoo! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 52 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,051 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 285 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 270 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme