Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIGI Matte Styling Wax vs Gatsby Hair Wax Mat Type Style
06-16-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2015 01:27 PM by GoodHair.)
TIGI Matte Styling Wax vs Gatsby Hair Wax Mat Type Style
I got my haircut about a month ago and it's short on the sides and about 3-4 inches on the top. I've been styling it into kind of like a faux hawk/brush up/quiff type thing. I'm using just wax and my fingers to style it.

I've been using the TIGI matte wax for about a year now, and it's what I've been using to style my current hairstyle. I've been pretty happy with it except one problem; it won't hold. I don't know if it's the way I'm styling it or the thickness/straightness of my hair but my hair always falls down slightly (especially right in the middle of the forelock). I checked out the recommend hair products thread and I see the other wax recommended is the Gatsby wax. From a couple of the threads I've read about it I gather that the Gatsby wax has more of a shine to it and gives more volume/hold. I've also read that it's really hard to wash off and has a very strong scent.

Can anyone who is really familiar with both products briefly explain the differences? Thanks.

P.S. This it the Gatsby products I'm referring too:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V2A...ag=atft-20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CE8...ag=atft-20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 73 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,840 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 382 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 252 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan