Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIGI Bed Head UP FRONT Pomade review
04-30-2015, 05:31 AM
Star TIGI Bed Head UP FRONT Pomade review
Hey guys! Big Grin

So I bought this pomade just to try it out a few months ago. I've been using it a lot ever since and used other pomades too to kind of give me a better sense of how good or bad it is in each aspect.

So the pomade is water-based if I'm not mistaken. It feels a lot like just a basic hair gel. It kind of feels heavy, but it gives a very nice hold and a nice shine. Usually pomades tend to work the way that the more you apply it, the more packed and sleek the finish will be, so technically more is.... more? However, this doesn't really work that way. You really have to strike the balance between applying too little and too much. It gives your hair quite easily a greasy and dirty look, so you really might want to be careful with it. But as long as you're using it carefully, it should give you a nice wet looking finish, perfect for traditional pompadours and such.

Since it's water-based, it does harden up a little bit. However, it still stays recombable (is that a word?) throughout the day none the less. Just wet your comb before combing it and your hair will move around quite well and it's easy to control.

Overall, I like the product. One of my go-to hair products on a daily basis, especially if I'm in a situation when I have to achieve a sharp, sleek, classy and stylish look. There are still many better pomades out there on the market.

I'd rate it 7/10.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2015, 06:51 AM
TIGI Bed Head Up Front Rocking Gel Pomade for Men review.
Great review of the TIGI Bed Head Up Front pomade!

The reason why this particular pomade feels like gel is because it is a blend of both in terms of texture. The actual name given by TIGI is indeed a "gel pomade". The hold is medium to strong from my experience too. It's the kind of pomade that goes great for messy hairstyles and big hairstyle with shine and a wet effect.

You're indeed correct, the TIGI Bed Head Up Front pomade is an aqueous water-soluble solution so it isn't as much of a pain to remove as the classic petrolatum-based pomades. The TIGI Bed Head Upfront pomade is a response to the popularity of water-soluble pomades like the ones from Layrite and Suavecito which we highly recommend in this forum.

Such water-soluble pomades (Layrite, Suavecito or TIGI) aim to recreate the classic slick and sheen of the pomades from the 1950s while making it easier to wash off the pomade. So essentially, with a water-soluble pomade, you're getting all the benefits of the oldschool pomades while taming the disadvantages. As an example, the water-soluble pomade from Layrite is an exact copy of their older oil-based pomade but without the hyper-greasy effect and the extreme washing to remove the pomade.

With TIGI's Bed Head Up Front pomade you're getting more of a gelled-up experience whereby you can give your hair more shaping than you could otherwise do with any other textbook water-soluble pomade. Hence this TIGI pomade goes very well for big hairstyles and messy high-shine styles.

[Image: 5qiuAXd.jpg]

Thanks for the review and it will be of use to many who come across it! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-07-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: TIGI Bed Head UP FRONT Pomade review
(04-30-2015 06:51 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  The reason why this particular pomade feels like gel is because it is a blend of both in terms of texture. The actual name given by TIGI is indeed a "gel pomade". The hold is medium to strong from my experience too. It's the kind of pomade that goes great for messy hairstyles and big hairstyle with shine and a wet effect.

Thanks for the feedback and the more detailed information, haha. Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,106 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 625 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 183 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Need recommendations for a pomade Dreadedone 0 367 04-27-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dreadedone