Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW
09-28-2013, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 11:58 PM by Jurgen.)
TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW
This is a men's hair product review for TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Wax. This wax advertises as easy to use with good texture and hold and also humid resistant.

The TIGI Bed Head wax is not the easiest hair wax to use, it is a bit too sticky which is not good if you like ladies touching your hair Big Grin However and to my surprise, the stickiness of the wax produced a good natural texture.

I thought the TIGI Bed Head wax would give a more opaque artificial look because of the stickiness, you know, like when you use too much wax, but no, the texture effect was natural and looked similar to pomade. I like pomades as my favorite hair styling products (read my Layrite super hold pomade review) so this natural texture of the TIGI Bed Head wax a nice unexpected surprise.

The shaping of the hair was good for a wax but it is important to mention that the hold of the wax is medium, not strong, so forget about very strict hairstyles with this TIGI wax, I'm talking about hairstyles like very defined thick spikes or messy long hairstyles. Instead the TIGI Bed Head wax is good for short layered hairstyles like shaggy hairstyles and styling undercuts, this wax also goes great with quiff hairstyles and brush up hairstyles, I actually got a very neat quiff on the second day of use.

My opinion and review of the TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Work Wax is that it is a good wax that does what it is advertised. It is a good wax for short natural casual hairstyles that last a long day!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Work Wax REVIEW
Where to buy TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Work Wax

The TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Separation Work Wax I used was this one from Amazon and the weight is 2.65 ounces.
10-05-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW
I think the TIGI bed head wad a good enough wax for a natural hair look like you say mate.
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
(10-05-2013 04:38 PM)Barber Wrote:  I think the TIGI bed head wad a good enough wax for a natural hair look like you say mate.
Cheers

Yup I found the same.
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
This stuff was actually really great. Never really used wax before and was presently surprised.
11-03-2013, 03:10 PM
(10-27-2013 03:36 PM)shaGuar Wrote:  This stuff was actually really great. Never really used wax before and was presently surprised.

yes I agree too, i found the review, by Jurgen, for the TIGI Bed head wax to be pretty spot on, was pleasantly surprised with the product
11-29-2013, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 10:29 PM by choco00934141.)
Quote:The shaping of the hair was good for a wax but it is important to mention that the hold of the wax is medium, not strong, so forget about very strict hairstyles with this TIGI wax, I'm talking about hairstyles like very defined thick spikes or messy long hairstyles. Instead the TIGI Bed Head wax is good for short layered hairstyles like shaggy hairstyles and styling undercuts, this wax also goes great with quiff hairstyles and brush up hairstyles, I actually got a very neat quiff on the second day of use.

really? i was about to buy this one today, good thing i didnt found it..

coz i made a topic few days ago, i have this medium hair, 3-4 inches long, im planning to do messy hairstyle (or maybe messy-spikes?)

(my topic with my current hairstyle)
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread-Wax-or-Gel

if this product is just "medium hold", then i need to buy the "strong" one, can u pls recommend me a stronghold wax.

thanks
11-30-2013, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 05:33 AM by Jurgen.)
(11-29-2013 10:29 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  
Quote:The shaping of the hair was good for a wax but it is important to mention that the hold of the wax is medium, not strong, so forget about very strict hairstyles with this TIGI wax, I'm talking about hairstyles like very defined thick spikes or messy long hairstyles. Instead the TIGI Bed Head wax is good for short layered hairstyles like shaggy hairstyles and styling undercuts, this wax also goes great with quiff hairstyles and brush up hairstyles, I actually got a very neat quiff on the second day of use.

really? i was about to buy this one today, good thing i didnt found it..

coz i made a topic few days ago, i have this medium hair, 3-4 inches long, im planning to do messy hairstyle (or maybe messy-spikes?)

(my topic with my current hairstyle)
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread-Wax-or-Gel

if this product is just "medium hold", then i need to buy the "strong" one, can u pls recommend me a stronghold wax.

thanks

on the contrary my friend Wink for a short to medium messy hairstyle you dont want a strong gel or wax because the messy hairstyle is a natural look hairstyle. Strong hair wax or hair gel is good for faux hawk hairstyles, spiky hairstyles, quiff hairstyles and you know, when the hair is up and shaped, this is not what a messy hairstyle is (like styled into a shape).
I mentioned this wax will not be good for long messy hairstyle and you don't have long hair Smile go with this hair wax if your hair is shorter than 6 inches, if your hair is longer than 6 inches, then go with this hair wax or this hair gel (for a messy hairstyle).
12-13-2013, 08:02 AM
I've been using this product and almost everything has been good so far. The only problem I have is when your spreading it through your hands I am often left with a lot of clumps. Anyone else have this problem?
12-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Ive bee using this for a few days trying to achieve a quiff like Andrew Garfield sort off, but i find i dont know how much to use . As if i add a little it fades over the day and my hair stays up no problem but i get lots of fly away and it dooes feel like nothing is in my hair and that ive have just blow-dried my hair and left it sort of look.
I have found if i re-straighten ( flick it back a bit) my hair and re-apply some wax it does hold a little more do have less fly always but not perfect. And when im applying it my hair can some times go slightly hard like gel then after a bit it goes soft.
If you have any suggestion or what other wax i could use, im also using American Crew Ultramatte first on wet hair, so maybe replace that?

The sort of quiff i would love:
[Image: article-0-19DF0F8200000578-6_634x401.jpg]

or similar :
[Image: 798a7384df7fb274294a8113ccb05c89.jpg]
01-09-2014, 11:47 AM
solid review and i am very interested in this wax for creating messy hairstyles as you guys have found out
01-23-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm wondering of buying it
01-10-2015, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 10:21 PM by choco00934141.)
I have been using this product for almost 5 months now. I have straight hair and it can definitely hold spiky hair and messy hair (in my case) for 16 hours easily.

By the way, I only shampoo after 6 days because what I noticed is that after shampooing, the hair falls down. All of the previous wax in the hair is gone and this product has little trouble re-gaining the hairstyle afterwards. So I just shampoo after 6 days for my convenience. This is my hairstyle now.
01-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Would the TIGI Bed Head matte hair wax work for longer hair?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW Jurgen 29 26,356 10-13-2015 08:45 AM
Last Post: Thomas Martin
  Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson Jurgen 23 14,010 07-07-2015 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bradley
  Andis Ceramic BGR+ Professional Hair Clipper Detachable REVIEW Barber 5 6,994 12-19-2013 12:11 PM
Last Post: imane
  Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer review Jurgen 4 3,106 05-29-2013 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alex