Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styling quiff with hair dryer
06-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Styling quiff with hair dryer
So i'm working on my quiff after seeing the hairstyle pictures on the cool mens hair thread, defo thinking quiff for my medium length hair a quiff will do some good. I'm doing the instructions you guys have posted on the forum but i'm having a problem with the volume of the quiff, as I read it is the hair dryer thats used for volume. Should I blow air straight into the quiff, use fingers at same time? i'm looking for a natural quiff hair style, no greased monkey stuff, just up and nice volume.
Cheers for any tips lads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: Styling quiff with hair dryer
To style the Quiff, use the hair dryer and your fingers at the same time. Blow air to the section of the Quiff as you lift the hair up with your fingers. For a natural Quiff style, use hair mousse Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Pretty much what TMHF said above. Only blow the hair for 2-3 seconds at a time on a given section of the Quiff.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
08-03-2014, 12:06 PM
How difficult does it make it to maintain a quiff without using a hair dryer?
08-03-2014, 01:34 PM
(08-03-2014 12:06 PM)Superk90 Wrote:  How difficult does it make it to maintain a quiff without using a hair dryer?

It isn't difficult to maintain a Quiff without a hair dryer. The hair dryer, however, comes very handy for men with thin hair or low-density hair who want to gain extra volume on the forelock or on their Quiff. Essentially you will be gaining much more volume with a hair dryer, and the cool thing about it all is that you can gain as much or as little extra volume as you want with the blow dryer.

If you are happy with the shape and volume of your Quiff, then there is no need to solely buy a hair dryer for your Quiff. However, a hair dryer is quite useful for just about all hairstyles for men, so owning a decent one is a good idea if you want to have the widest range of hair styles possible!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 273 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Help with styling products for Caesar haircut - Hayden Cassidy hairstyle KIERANHIN95 1 355 07-01-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: KIERANHIN95
  What to do with poofy asian hair? Straight hair styling problems Lutas 6 54,794 02-11-2016 12:57 PM
Last Post: AntonD
  Quiff problem! Alexmercer 0 399 12-09-2015 12:02 PM
Last Post: Alexmercer