Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styling product called "Raw fibre"
04-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Styling product called "Raw fibre"
I went to the barbers today and the guy put this fruity smelling stuff in my hair. I asked him what it was and I think he said raw fibre. I can't find anything with that name. What does he mean?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 01:58 PM by Bradley.)
RE: Styling product called "Raw fibre"
What your barber meant was a styling fibre which is a wax used for shaping hairstyles and usually with a wet look. It's basically a type of wax that has a strong hold and you use it to keep the hair up with flexibility and shaping it into any kind of hairstyle. Hair styling fibre works the best with straight hair or short wavy hair.
Yup most hair fibres have some kind of fruity smell or gummy smell as they're usually targeted at young lads who are wanting to style their hair with quiff styles or messy styles.

An example of a hair styling fibre would be these Gatsby hair wax products. They go by the name of moving rubber for the Gatsby brand but they're basically the same. They just swap the names to make their products sound more exotic but at the end of the day a hair fibre product is a type of wax for shaping and with a strong hold.
Cheers!
04-13-2015, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 08:03 AM by US Asian.)
I see. I had also heard before of styling fibers. Just didn't know what it was, much less that it would fall under what a styling wax is. That's why I keep getting a bit confused with the terminology ha ha So basically a styling fiber would be the opposite of hair styling clay, right?

I read a recent thread discussing styling clay products, which made me think of what would be the difference between hair styling fiber and hair clay? Anyone have an opinion or know the difference?

This is the thread explaining hair styling clay.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-with-clay

I'm not meaning to get this thread off topic as I think this question is related. But I can open a new thread to ask that if it's better for this discussion.
04-14-2015, 05:33 AM
Bradley summed it up nicely. Your hairdresser was talking about a styling hair fiber. It's more of a shaping product so you can get the polished look if you're looking for sharp hairstyles like spiky hair, spiky messy hair, quiff and even pompadour hairstyles.

(04-13-2015 08:02 AM)US Asian Wrote:  I read a recent thread discussing styling clay products, which made me think of what would be the difference between hair styling fiber and hair clay? Anyone have an opinion or know the difference?

This is the thread explaining hair styling clay.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-with-clay

Styling hair clay is for matte hairstyles with not a lot of sharpness and definition. Styling hair fiber is the opposite, you can get a good hold and some good shine although this will vary among the different styling fibers, but the product itself will state on the label how much shine and hold it offers.

You may want to open a new thread on the differences between styling clay and styling fiber. That way it's easier for others to find if they have the same questions. I'm fine answering any other questions you may have about styling hair clay versus styling hair fiber.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 58 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 82 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,661 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 251 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan