Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styling fibre help?
04-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Styling fibre help?
Ok so im new to styling (like 3 weeks) - so I haven't got loads of products I can choose from (though im hoping to order a range of products soon) but for now I only have a low hold styling fibre - So I was wondering if anyone could give any suggestions on hairstyles I could get with styling fibre and how to style it?

I have short hair on the sides and medium length hair on the top
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Styling fibre help?
I think a side part with a bit of a messy emphasis would look pretty cool with hair styling fiber. Cause of the low hold you will have to stick to more natural styles that aint gonna be too shaped.

I saw u posting in my thread on the Gatsby hair wax, so I know what your going is about too because I was also using light hold wax too similar to low hold fiber and trying to shape the hair with that light hold wax produced some bad shaping results. So I am getting the Gatsby rubebr wax which I think i read you also are Big Grin

Just going with what I have read from the guys here and my experience with light or low hold products... for medium length with light hold waxes or fiber... just stick to stuff like the side part with some tousling and what not, modern back slicking or a messy style too. Good guides in the forum to read for these hairstyles:

Side part http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Part-Style
Modern slicked back style http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-Products
Messy styles http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ures-Ideas

I would say check one of those guides out cause imo those are the best styles currently for what you have and I really benefited from those guides when using the light wax. Just wait until we get the Gatsby shaping waxes pal, then we gun look boss! Big GrinBig Grin
04-30-2014, 12:42 PM
(04-30-2014 12:22 PM)Lordius Wrote:  I think a side part with a bit of a messy emphasis would look pretty cool with hair styling fiber. Cause of the low hold you will have to stick to more natural styles that aint gonna be too shaped.

I saw u posting in my thread on the Gatsby hair wax, so I know what your going is about too because I was also using light hold wax too similar to low hold fiber and trying to shape the hair with that light hold wax produced some bad shaping results. So I am getting the Gatsby rubebr wax which I think i read you also are Big Grin

Just going with what I have read from the guys here and my experience with light or low hold products... for medium length with light hold waxes or fiber... just stick to stuff like the side part with some tousling and what not, modern back slicking or a messy style too. Good guides in the forum to read for these hairstyles:

Side part http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Part-Style
Modern slicked back style http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-Products
Messy styles http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ures-Ideas

I would say check one of those guides out cause imo those are the best styles currently for what you have and I really benefited from those guides when using the light wax. Just wait until we get the Gatsby shaping waxes pal, then we gun look boss! Big GrinBig Grin

Yeah you did read that I am going to be getting the 3 Gatsby products aswell as the other wax (Bedhead or something?) that users on this forum suggests which will be good to try them all out , Probably wont need them all but will be good to try them all out and see if they mix together as well , Sounds stupid but cant wait until I can purchase them haha , Was ordering them this weekend but have to wait till around the 12th now haha.

I will have a look at the 3 links you suggested thanks.
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Oh you mean the Tigi bed head wax right? that one is also a pretty good on too and I was using that one too. I am refilling that one plsus buying a couple pomades and maybe a teatree oil shampoo.

For the Gatsby moving rubber waxes I am buying the 4 of them recommended by Jurgen Big GrinBig Grin I just wanna test them all out. THeir really good products from what the guys in the forum report so thats good enough for me. Dont worry you won't be wasting any of the recommended Gatsby waxes just because you buy 3, I am sure all of the 3 or in my case all of the 4 will be worth for a range of styles. It is just that when they all run out then I will only order again the ones that I really enjoyed which may even be the 4 of them, dunno. I am like you just waiting for them to arrive!

I will be buying today or tomorrow from Amazon just waiting on a question I had on a tea tree oil shampoo from Paul mitchell I am interested in buying since I am also grabbing a Paul Mitchell pomade. The tea tree oil one which Jurgen also confirmed is a good product to buy as a more natural pomade alternative. So yea its gun be epic pal when all that stuff arrives at our door Big GrinBig Grin and the Gatsby rubber wax tubs are all funky colors too so not bad as product decoration for the bathroom either Lol
04-30-2014, 01:31 PM
(04-30-2014 01:21 PM)Lordius Wrote:  Oh you mean the Tigi bed head wax right? that one is also a pretty good on too and I was using that one too. I am refilling that one plsus buying a couple pomades and maybe a teatree oil shampoo.

For the Gatsby moving rubber waxes I am buying the 4 of them recommended by Jurgen Big GrinBig Grin I just wanna test them all out. THeir really good products from what the guys in the forum report so thats good enough for me. Dont worry you won't be wasting any of the recommended Gatsby waxes just because you buy 3, I am sure all of the 3 or in my case all of the 4 will be worth for a range of styles. It is just that when they all run out then I will only order again the ones that I really enjoyed which may even be the 4 of them, dunno. I am like you just waiting for them to arrive!

I will be buying today or tomorrow from Amazon just waiting on a question I had on a tea tree oil shampoo from Paul mitchell I am interested in buying since I am also grabbing a Paul Mitchell pomade. The tea tree oil one which Jurgen also confirmed is a good product to buy as a more natural pomade alternative. So yea its gun be epic pal when all that stuff arrives at our door Big GrinBig Grin and the Gatsby rubber wax tubs are all funky colors too so not bad as product decoration for the bathroom either Lol

Great man , Seems like your going to have a lot of options when they arrive , Im also looking for a Shampoo + Conditioner that I can use all the time , As usally I have just use whatever we have in the house and when I buy new ones I don't really pay much attention to which one I buy - Im thinking of getting the American crew shampoo and the American crew conditioner I think , With all the waxes aswell that comes to around £40-£50 so not too bad.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,804 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 252 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 39,768 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover
  Volumizing hair mousse or product for styling thin hair? 92GTA 2 537 06-15-2016 08:12 PM
Last Post: 92GTA