Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strongest hold matte hair wax or styling paste?
02-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Strongest hold matte hair wax or styling paste?
Hello. I currently use Joico Ice Spiker, which I feel used to be MUCH stronger than it currently is, or maybe my hair changed, I don't know. It still works OK, but it looks like it may be going discontinued.

Does anyone know what the strongest matte hair paste on the market is? I mean the STRONGEST, I don't mind if my hair literally hardens and doesn't move at all, in fact I prefer it. I have tried clay products, pomades, and waxes, but they are no good because they leave hair looking either wet or greasy and aren't very strong. I need a thick paste, like Joico Ice Spiker, as long as it leaves hair with a dry/matte look but holds like a rock. Any recommendations?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Strongest hold matte paste?
(02-18-2016 07:58 PM)RogerWilco Wrote:  Hello. I currently use Joico Ice Spiker, which I feel used to be MUCH stronger than it currently is, or maybe my hair changed, I don't know. It still works OK, but it looks like it may be going discontinued.

Does anyone know what the strongest matte hair paste on the market is? I mean the STRONGEST, I don't mind if my hair literally hardens and doesn't move at all, in fact I prefer it. I have tried clays, pomades, and waxes, but they are no good because they leave hair looking either wet or greasy and aren't very strong. I need a thick paste, like Joico Ice Spiker, as long as it leaves hair with a dry/matte look but holds like a rock. Any recommendations?

I've heard Hanz's Clay Maytion does wonders but haven't tried it out yet. I have experience with Baxter of CA, Bluuman's Meraki, Sliikhar's Vilain and Carter Supply Company's Flux. My top 2 are Baxter and Carter.

Personally I Baxter of CA's hard water pomade held my hair REALLY well (like really really well) but I didn't like the shine.

Carter Supply Co's FLUX held my hair well, not as well as Baxter, but it gave a natural look that I really liked about it. Also FLUX has a matte finish which I prefer.
04-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Hi,

Try using "Hanz De Fuko, Claymation" It's a matte clay that has the most hold in a product that I ever used. You can go on YouTube and lookup reviews if you don't know the product, but it may be just what you are looking for Smile

Adam
04-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Sup,

I use Hanz de Fuko Claymation as well. It has a really strong hold with a matte finish which is what I'm into cause I want my hair to have a natural and light look. If you end up getting it, a little really does go a long way. I usually use a dime size and it would hold practically the whole day.

Another product I've used is Layrite Cement. It's a pretty good product if you're going for a strong hold with a matte finish. The only thing i didn't really like about it is that it was kinda hard to work into your hands and the product dried up in the container pretty fast.

Hope this helps.

-Nikko
04-09-2016, 04:23 AM
What is a GOOD Hair product that is STRONG, gives TEXTURE, and can be worked into hair QUICK and EASY without hurting when applied?

I'm so annoyed cos Literally every single hair product I try never works out. The last one I had was lynx. It was good but too tough to work into my thick hair and was actually so tough that it started pulling strands of my hair out which hurt. I had to change product. Mum got a new one at shopping last week for me. But it turns out that one makes my hair too shiny and is not strong enough to hold my hair in place. The advantage is that it glides into my thick hair quick and easy - something that the last product couldn't do. I need a matte hair product with no shine, which GOES INTO HAIR EASILY, while keeping a consistent reworkable strong hold for most of day and creates not messy - but texturised styles. E.g. Quiff or bed head quiff for lazy days. I really need it from Tesco aswell as that is where my mum shops and she won't let me buy any of the expensive ones online like hanz De fuko and ByVilain. If you know a hair product that suits my specifications above and is relatively cheap (£6 or less) and is available from tesco, then please let me know. If you know any that would be good for me, but isn't available at tesco, then still let me know, because I may be able to order it online if it's cheap enough. Would any of the Vo5, Got2b or l'oreal Paris products work? Thanks everyone.Smile
04-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Gatsby is designed to tame thick wild Asian hair and is by far the best holding I've come across, the pink rubber wax specifically which is the strongest hold and matte finish.

Then set with hair spray, hair wont go anywhere
04-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Has anyone tried Mr Natty?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 80 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 25,040 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 396 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 258 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan