Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle! 5 1
Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle!
09-15-2018, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 11:02 PM by Klukinchikendo.)
Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle!
Hey so I am currently really struggling to find a haircut that suits me and that I actually think looks nice on me so I would really appreciate some help or some reccomendations (put red on the eyes because it's harder to recognize me that way me being paranoid and all) I've got an oval face shape, straight hair, and kind of a weird hairline (as you can see in the picture) any help would be appreciated! Big Grin thanks.
-->(photos.app.goo.gl/9yTY6dGmtjMgkeFt8)<---copy the link in the brackets
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2018, 08:24 AM
RE: Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle!
Your hairline isn't weird at all. I take it that you're young, correct? Some males do keep a juvenile hairline well until their 40s and 50s. It's all genetics.

Get a slicked back undercut hairstyle as seen in the link (it's the hairstyle's guide). Any decent barber will get you a good undercut haircut. Keep the same length you have on the top. Do not get the top trimmed. This is important as otherwise slicking the hair back won't work as well.

Slick the hair back with a pomade when the hair is damp (after a shower, for example). Grab this specific pomade as it will do a great job with your hair type and density. You'll be on your way to dapper kingdom.

Good news about the slicked back undercut is that it can be morphed into other hairstyles. But for now, just go and get yourself your slicked back undercut and then come back for more recommended hairstyles with the same haircut configuration you'll have with your slick back undercut.
09-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Thank you very much!
09-16-2018, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2018 05:13 PM by Klukinchikendo.)
Is there anything super casual you can recommend because I have never really styled my hair before and feel very awkward about people knowing that I even style my hair (is that weird) or possibly if I'm feeling confident, a haircut with more volume? I like volume Smile
09-19-2018, 09:50 AM
(09-16-2018 05:13 PM)Klukinchikendo Wrote:  Is there anything super casual you can recommend because I have never really styled my hair before and feel very awkward about people knowing that I even style my hair (is that weird) or possibly if I'm feeling confident, a haircut with more volume? I like volume Smile

Go with a tousled/messy hairstyle. Wet your hair, then use this hair mousse to style your hair in a messy manner by using your fingers to comb your hair back and shaking the hair. Then use this hair dryer to blow dry your hair as you continue to tousle your hair with your fingers. You'll get a lot of hair volume this way, but it's important that you use both products suggested (the hair mousse and hair dryer).

You have the hair to pull a tousled hairstyle as outlined above so go for it if you worry about others thinking you are actively trying to get a better hairstyle.
10-23-2018, 02:20 PM
I'm actually really concerned with my hairline, it seems to be bad. It's actually receding and I'm relatively young for that... Another pic-->(photos.app.goo.gl/1WbpqaJ7Lovt3uvB9)<--(copy link in brackets) I would appreciate some advice on it such as: Is this normal? How do I fix it? Why do I have it? Are those hairs growing or falling out? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Smile
11-02-2018, 11:45 AM
You don't show signs of male pattern baldness from the pic I saw. Your hairline looks like a a juvenile hairline in that there's hair growing low on the forehead with a circular hairline. The hair becomes sparse when you pass puberty but the hairline still keeps the shape of a prepubescent boy. This is actually a good thing as from my experience and from what you will also read in this forum, adult men with juvenile hairlines don't tend to go bald.

I'm willing to bet someone in your family has a similar hairline with the low set sparse hairs on the front. These hair strands have a shorter life cycle which means that they won't grow as long as the rest of the hair on your head. You can see this clearly in the pic. This all then means that you always have short hair strands on the low set forelock of the forehead. Because of the short life cycle of these hair strands set so low, it can look like you're balding but it's just the nature of those hair strands in that area of the forehead.

Also the pic I saw, the last one, has your hair damp. When hair is damp it will reveal the scalp a lot more than dry hair. This also adds to the notion of thinking that you may be losing your hair.

I have seen young men afflicted with male pattern baldness. It's very telling and obvious when you see it since early male pattern baldness is super aggressive. You just look like a guy who has a juvenile hairline that is set low with the typical sparse hair strands. Nothing to worry about.

Follow the advice given to you by others in this thread and you'll do fine.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Short buzz cut haircut for long straight hair Lucohendrikx23 1 140 10-14-2018 08:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Help me find a fitting hairstyle with cowlick and wide face Sucre 1 203 10-03-2018 12:50 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Lightbulb Military Hair Styles and Haircuts - Epic 25 Hairstyle Ideas Panther 2 245 09-20-2018 09:50 AM
Last Post: RomanAct
  Hairstyle advice for Oblong face bardeeshoo 2 251 09-19-2018 10:02 AM
Last Post: Panther