Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephen Miller hair, new and fake. But what product he used?? 5 3
Stephen Miller hair, new and fake. But what product he used??
12-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Question Stephen Miller hair, new and fake. But what product he used??
Forum barbers and experts, what's up with the recent new hair of Stephen Miller? I'm talking of the weird pasty stuff covering his bald head with what looks like fake hair. It was so obvious that we were discussing at work the possibilities, from the fur of a bear he killed with his own hands (lol) to maybe him allowing the same clown artists painting Donald Trump's hair do Miller's hair too.

I tried looking online but opinions differ so I call upon the dudes on this forum who always have the expert answers for anything on hair! Smile

First two pics are of Stephen Miller's new fake paste (aka hair) on his head from some days ago. The remaining two other pics are of what his head with barely any hair looks like. It's ridiculous this guy would have gone on tv with that horrible pasty thing on his head.

[Image: zAMn8wz.jpg]
[Image: jRBk2GM.jpg]
[Image: Z6p3Kd8.jpg]
[Image: Dmz9vVB.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Stephen Miller used Toppik for his new hair attempt. Hair fibers ain't for this!
That's Toppik misused. It's very simple: Stephen Miller used Toppik to recreate his receding hairline but he went overboard with it (happens to beginners quite a lot) and thought he'd work a miracle.

Basically, Toppik is a product containing artificial fibers that act to fill up balding spots that still have a decent amount of real hair. When Toppik is applied to such areas, the result does indeed look real and conceals the balding spot/s. However, these types of artificial fibers (of which Toppik is one, but I'm willing to bet that poor Stephen Miller used Toppik since it's easy to buy and a buddy of his probably told him about it) need actual scalp hair (i.e. real hair) to attach to and thus yield a visually-bulkier hair look.

The issue is that, for any artificial-hair fibers (as in Toppik) to work, the artificial fibers need to be applied to areas where scalp hair is already present (this is very important!). What Stephen Miller most probably did is apply the Toppik liberally (for a Republican!) all throughout the top of his head where there's barely any hair. What this then leads to is the artificial-hair fibers randomly bunching up and piling one against the other on the scalp since there's no human hair for the aforementioned fibers to attach to; ergo the weird fur (not human hair) look of Stephen Miller that you point to.

In the end, Stephen Miller had artificial-hair fibers piled up all across the top of his head with no actual purpose other than to make his visually-enhanced-hair attempt nothing more than pure circus ridicule.

On this forum, we actively recommend against the use of Toppik and other artificial-hair fibers on folks with severe balding (i.e. a Norwood IV and above). Stephen Miller's baldness is a Norwood V progressing on to a Norwood VI, which makes it less than ideal to use these sort of hair-bulking fibers since there's barely any hair atop the head to speak of.

Here's a diagram of the Norwood stages for male pattern baldness (i.e. male hair loss):

[Image: WySY1EY.jpg]

What's most worrying is that they allowed Stephen Miller to go on TV with the fake-hair fibers on his head like that; he's supposed to be an advisor to Donald Trump. But then, Donald Trump has also been using Toppik for years and, many times, it looks ridiculous too as any trained set of two eyes can spot the badly-applied Toppik throughout his dyed combover hair.

At least Stephen Miller detracted his efforts of using Toppik and the likes and is back to his good ol' bald head. I've noticed Donald trump has recently been laying off the hair dye too (his hair has been looking far more gray-ish than usual).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: Stephen Miller hair, new and fake. But what product he used??
Awesome reply as always!! I had only read on some of the major newspaper sites that Stephen Miller used hair spray of some sort but I haven't read anywhere actually calling it what it is or go into detail. So it's artificial fibers then? You add them to the hair and it covers bald spots?

Why did then Stephen Miller pretty much cover all of his bald head with it? And is this the same as that guy Conchita Wurst used for his beard to pose as a bearded drag queen a couple of years ago?

I'm genuinely curious. Will let know my co-workers as not even the die-hard republicans could fathom as to why Stephen Miller and THAT hairline. Comedy gold!
12-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Don't pick on Stephen Miller's hairline too much; at least his normal hair is back.
(12-22-2018 03:01 PM)RomanAct Wrote:  Awesome reply as always!! I had only read on some of the major newspaper sites that Stephen Miller used hair spray of some sort but I haven't read anywhere actually calling it what it is or go into detail.

Well, we are hair geeks on this forum, so it's only normal that we'd know the minutia of national disasters pertaining to men's hair. Well, we're also barbers, hairdressers and image consultants, but we're mostly hair geeks aside from our actual professions.

Quote:So it's artificial fibers then? You add them to the hair and it covers bald spots?

Correct. The fibers attach to the hair strands temporarily and bulk up the area that needs to be concealed. Must I say that, when used correctly, these sort of hair-fiber products work very well and do it all discreetly. It's just that Mr. Miller thought something alone the lines of "the more, the better".

Quote:Why did then Stephen Miller pretty much cover all of his bald head with it? And is this the same as that guy Conchita Wurst used for his beard to pose as a bearded drag queen a couple of years ago?

Stephen Miller made a rookie mistake that any average image consultant would have advised him against. Artificial-hair fibers only work where there's hair around (and there needs to be a decent amount of hair too, which isn't the case for a male with a Norwood V, at least atop his head).

That's why I'm left wondering who's actually advising (image-wise) the POTUS' adviser (i.e. who's advising Stephen Miller on image matters).

About Conchita Wurst, yes and no. Tom Neuwirth (Conchita Wurst was/is his stage name) used a blend of different products including makeup so as to emulate a fully-dense beard. He has very little facial hair, so he needed a strong makeup foundation for the hair fibers to work. For the record, this is a trick used by other celebrities, includes men who want to appear as though having thicker beards.

And of course, we have our minoxidil guide for beard growth, which is yet-another nifty trick to grow a thicker beard (this one is permanent, though). Both minoxidil and Toppik have been staple hair-loss products for balding men for a long time. Go figure how times have changed.

Quote:I'm genuinely curious. Will let know my co-workers as not even the die-hard republicans could fathom as to why Stephen Miller and THAT hairline. Comedy gold!

As ridiculous as Stephen Miller's attempted new hair and hairline looked, he was quick to ditch it. Balding folks already go through enough drama and Stephen Miller has shown that he's still very sensitive about his balding. He took quite an ego hit but, at least, has shown dignity in restoring his image.

Now, Donald Trump and his love for badly-applied Toppik, badly-dyed hair and awfully-applied fake tan is another topic altogether. I'm not talking about politics, just the man alone. It's unbelievable how the President of the United States would allow himself to appear in official White House photographs with spots of bunched-up fake tan on his ears as in this profile photograph of his Twitter account (just look at that right ear with the orange goo unevenly splashed):

[Image: boROxPD.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Like admin said above, the hairline screwup of Stephen Miller was caused by topical hair fibers, most likely Toppik like it was said by admin. What happened to Stephen Miller is not uncommon in that guys with advanced balding will believe that these marketed hair fibers - mostly made of keratin BTW - will substitute real hair. That's not how these products work.

Again like admin mentioned, you do need some hair in the areas where the hair fibers are to be placed. You can use a spray application or just tap some small amounts to the hair as you can buy these fibers in a loose format - like a powder or glitter.

In my decades of running a barbershop, let's just say that Stephen Miller isn't the first one to disgrace himself with these hair fibers and he sure won't be the last one. Seen it more than a couple of times at our barbershop and under the same scenario: bald guy believes he will grow an instant mane from these fibers and then ends up looking like he is playing a prank on himself.
12-23-2018, 01:53 PM
Stephen Miller did get the hair color right for his Toppik product.
(12-23-2018 01:32 PM)Panther Wrote:  In my decades of running a barbershop, let's just say that Stephen Miller isn't the first one to disgrace himself with these hair fibers and he sure won't be the last one.

In his defense, though, Stephen Miller almost nailed the color of the fibers to his natural hair color. That's easier said than done, as part of the convolution to choosing the correct artificial-hair-fiber product is getting the color right to one's natural hair color.

12-26-2018, 10:46 AM
so how do you use any of that stuff on your hair without looking like that clown??
12-26-2018, 01:06 PM
(12-26-2018 10:46 AM)Robert Wrote:  so how do you use any of that stuff on your hair without looking like that clown??

As directed on whichever product you buy. The key here is to AVOID using these synthetic fibers on areas of the scalp where there's no hair or barely any hair as was the case of Stephen Miller. Avoid that and you'll be good.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------