Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson 5 8
Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson
03-27-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: Staff Review of The Men’s Hair Book by Rogelio Samson
I also give the book 5 stars and I am seriously impressed with all that Rogelio managed to fit in the book. Many clients of ours have the book and have put the advice to good use. As barber you can tell when a client has been doing something that affects his hair cause the changes no matter how small can be pin pointed by any of us after cutting the clients hair from a couple of barbershop visits.

In the case of our clients those who have followed the methodology of the book (profiling*grooming*hair care) have experienced huge changes in the looks of there hair or as we call it in the forum, the hair aesthetics. Much better hair aesthetics and much better quality of the hair, you can tell the nutrition explained in one of the chapters works for real since the quality of the hair is affected internally in the follicle. As a bonus the hairstyles are easier to style and cut so cutting their hair is a smoother experience for me lol

Even more relevant to those of us working in the industry is the case studies of each chapter which I found were a very nice touch to finish the chapters. Lotsa stuff to learn in the book lads and the book is so worth its price.
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 12:40 PM
I really liked the book. I've finished reading it but I've begun to go through all the methods and steps. The no shampoo method is priceless and it made my hair much better. I did the method a bit faster than usual and hit the perfect shampoo frequency as three times per week.

I'm a fan of both websites from Rogelio Samson so buying his book was an easy decision. My only regret is not finding this information before as I've spent some years with atrocious hair and jumping into hairstyle trends that emptied my wallet fast. The book teaches hair care and grooming as complements to your hairstyles so by paying attention to hair care and grooming I've gotten better and stylish hair and I've used the right hair products. This then has helped me to get the right hairstyles and haircuts on each and every time. I'm a fan of the undercut so there are lots of variations and by following the methods of the book I could change my undercut in a moment and still achieve the ultimate hair aesthetics.

Great book.
07-07-2015, 07:34 AM
I asked this question in another thread but maybe I could ask it here. Once we have read the book is it worth buying the other book on curly hair? the author has the men's hair book and another book called "the curly hair book".

The men's hair book is a gem and it has fixed a lot of issues I had with my hair. I've also enjoyed reading it and the writing style of the author so I'm keen to read more from him. But I have straight hair so would the curly hair book be helpful for me? I know how curly hair and straight hair are supposed to be at each end of the hair type spectrum which is why I'm asking this. Does anyone know? Thank you!
07-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Quote:Does anyone know? Thank you!

Hi mate I replied to your question in another thread asking about this.

I've read in the past of Rogelio himself saying that there is no need to buy the curly hair book if you already have the men's hair book. The books are different in that the curly hair book is a bit more informal and covers a lot of stuff which will be familiar to curly lads but not to lads with straight hair.

As far as the information being helpful for guys with straight hair I would say that it is. The curly hair book already mentions what to do if you have straight hair. You'e basically following the same type of advice that he gives to lads with wavy hair as he divides the types of curly hair into five types.

We have a several copies of each of the two books at our barbershop on the table so that customers can read the books as they're waiting or while they're getting a haircut. The books keep our customers glued to the books and it isn't the first time I've had a customer change his opinion on the haircut he wanted after reading a chapter of the book while waiting lol

Both books have pretty covers and I really like the one for the curly hair book as it's deffo something you don't get to see often.

But like he said if you have one book already then as far as knowledge goes, you're covered with one book.

Cheers.
09-20-2018, 09:39 AM
I'm a huge fan of The Mens Hair Book. It helped me set myself straight with my hair thinning and proactively make the most of my hair. The chapter on nutrition and supplements is invaluable for anyone with thinning hair. The rest of the book is of utmost value to anyone but we guys with thinning hair appreciate the straight shooter talk in the book.

Before reading the book (and this forum) I wasted a notorious amount of money on stuff for thinning hair that only drained my wallet. The book tells you the truth on balding and hair thinning with no room for trepidation. This is something that is much appreciated by anyone who is balding or thinning.

Word of advice (if I may): Don't skip the hair care stuff in the book as this is what makes or breaks your hair aesthetic results. I noticed a massive improvement in my hair by paying some attention to my hair care.

My two cents.

Cheers!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TIGI Bed Head Men Matte Work Wax REVIEW Jurgen 14 44,001 02-09-2017 06:42 PM
Last Post: portraitofcurcelli
  Layrite Super Hold Deluxe Pomade REVIEW Jurgen 29 37,001 10-13-2015 08:45 AM
Last Post: Thomas Martin
  Andis Ceramic BGR+ Professional Hair Clipper Detachable REVIEW Barber 5 8,819 12-19-2013 12:11 PM
Last Post: imane
  Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer review Jurgen 4 4,186 05-29-2013 07:41 PM
Last Post: Alex