Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some advice?
10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Some advice?
Hello everyone , Right now my hair is very long (Straight) and for a while i haven't really had a style just let my hair grow and while some of the hairstyles on here are cool , I want to try go for something quite simple but something thats shorter than my current hair.

I was thinking of something like this?

Just wanted your guys opinion and what would i ask for when visiting the barbers?

EDITED BY MODS: please read the rules. No linking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: Some advice?
Jonny please read the rules, don't post links unless you are directly linking to the image itself (to know how to link images, read here). Whenever in doubt, PM me or any of the mods, or post in the Troubleshooting section.

I am posting below the pictures you referenced. If I didn't get the second one right, please let me know and I'll post the one you were otherwise referencing. I'll also post some advice I have for you in a while Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Just saw the picture again, this should be the second picture, not the one of the bowl cut

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-18-2013, 01:16 PM
OK Jonny, the hairstyles you have suggested are what are called convertible hairstyles because they can be styled in many ways and the haircut is generic. The haircut is a taper haircut finished with a hair clipper (on the hairline), if you ask your barber for a taper haircut, he will know how to do it as tapers are the essence of hairstyling.

The only thing in those two hairstyles you propose is that the front of the head is slightly longer than the back of the head. The length of the hair increases from the back (top) of the head to the front of the head, so you are left with a fringe on the forehead. I would guess the guys in the pictures you posted have 3 inches of hair length on the crow (back of top head) and 4 inches (on the front of the head). Maybe wait for Barber or the other guys to confirm but that length looks to be about right.

To style, it's just a messy (side) fringe hairstyle. You use some pomade, comb the hair forward starting from the crown, then tousle the hair sideways with your fingers. Lastly, do the final touches with the fingers (the last touches on the fringe is up to your preference). You can also use a hair dryer to get more volume on the hairstyle and hair dryers work great for making the hairstyle look natural and full like the guys have in the pictures..

Post pictures of your current hairstyle so we can have a better idea of how your hair looks now. You mention you have straight hair and it is long so you will have no problems in theory to get this fringe hairstyle.

10-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Hello Jonny,

It's pretty much what TheMensHairForum has posted above. Fringe hairstyles are generally very easy to do by oneself, especially if you have straight hair or wavy hair. The only minor issue is the tapered sides and back, which you would have to go to a good barber for.

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
10-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Ok sorry about that themenshairforum , Ill make sure to post pictures next time instead of links Smile , Thanks both for the help , I should be getting this haircut sometime this week or early next week so i will keep you updated with how it goes Smile.
10-19-2013, 02:55 PM
(10-19-2013 01:04 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Ok sorry about that themenshairforum , Ill make sure to post pictures next time instead of links Smile , Thanks both for the help , I should be getting this haircut sometime this week or early next week so i will keep you updated with how it goes Smile.

Awesome bro! If you have more questions let us know and definitively keep us posted! Cool

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need Some Advice Camden 0 58 11-25-2016 06:15 PM
Last Post: Camden
  Product and haircut advice needed it Jrt0808 0 167 10-08-2016 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jrt0808
  Looking for advice with medium/long hair shenefbs 0 177 10-07-2016 08:53 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Advice on growing out hair Hexege 0 329 05-15-2016 04:21 PM
Last Post: Hexege