Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Slicked middle part hairstyle with curly hair and greasy pomade
06-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Wink Slicked middle part hairstyle with curly hair and greasy pomade
As a barber I usually tell my curly customers to avoid the middle part hairstyle for curly hair. If your curls aren't very long, it'll look awful like in this picture.

The man in this picture is Stephan Stannis. He was a french football player at Racing Club de Lens during the thirties and forties. Stephan Stannis is known as the historic football player to have scored the most goals in a single match. He scored 16 goals during a football match in 1942 against the french football team Aubury Asturies. The merit of all this was that the match was played right in the midst of World War 2 so players would be called into the army at any time and they were very stressed out from the war environment in France during the early forties.

The slicked middle part hair style was very popular in Europe in the thirties together with the side swept and the slicked back style. The middle part was so popular that you had poor geezers like Stephan Stannis with super curly hair trying to part their hair in the middle with pomades made from boar grease and mineral oil so that their curls would remain stuck on the scalp and in a middle part. Some hardcore hairstyling going on in here lads!! Big Grin

As a pro tip, if you have curly hair whether it's coiled hair or kinky curly hair, then only style your hair with a middle part once your hair is very long with at least eight inches of hair length. Also avoid any undercut haircuts or tapered haircuts if you want a curly middle part.

Since this is the hairstyle rating section of the forum I give this curly middle part hairstyle a three out of give stars. The hairstyle would look silly nowadays but back then even the guys with really curly hair had to slick their hair with greasy pomades into hairstyles like the middle part style and the slick back style that just aren't good curly hairstyles.

Just for the effort of having to sweep all those thick curls to fit in with the crowd, I'll give it a rating of three out of five. You can also rate the hairstyle above on the right side with the star count. Cheers!

[Image: lIU8mqN.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frohawk hairstyle for kinky curly black men - Pictures TheMensHairForum 0 157 10-10-2016 08:07 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  360 Waves Hairstyle with Epic Wolfing - Black Men Haircuts TheMensHairForum 0 200 09-20-2016 12:43 PM
  Modern Slicked Back Hairstyle: Cool Picture with Advice TheMensHairForum 0 411 06-08-2016 04:38 PM
  Classic Undercut Hairstyle with 1980s Bowl Haircut Epicness! TheMensHairForum 0 377 06-08-2016 03:31 PM