Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slicked back undercut with hipster beard soon a 1980s mullet!
09-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Slicked back undercut with hipster beard soon a 1980s mullet!
What do you guys think of this hilarious picture? Do you think that the slicked back undercut hairstyle with the hipster beard will soon turn into a 1980s mullet?

Are we going to look back in say, ten years time and cringe at the slick back undercut with the homeless beard look? As a hairstylist I would say that we've gotten an average of six undercut haircut requests between 2013 and 2015.

Our hair salon is unisex and half the men asking for an undercut had that shaggy hipster beard and were looking to slick back their undercut or to sweep to the side. As a matter of fact any male between the ages of 21 and 25 entering our hair salon with a hipster beard WILL ask for an undercut haircut. Crazy huh? But we've actually jokingly counted at times whether this was true or not and it was indeed. We're in a big city though so your mileage may vary if you're a barber or hairdresser and also want to entertain your day counting how many bearded guys are getting any of the undercut hairstyles.

I know that the slicked back undercut hairstyle is among the favorite men's hairstyles in the forum. It's a nice and clean hairstyle and looks great with a well groomed beard or some well groomed stubble. However the really long hipster beard is beyond my comprehension, maybe because I'm a female hairstylist so I cannot understand the lumbersexual trend. Those lumberjack guys in Alaska don't have the huge beards to look trendy but to keep warm. I doubt they would keep such long beards if they were a few degrees south in latitude, much less working in office jobs as hipsters do. Sorry, I just don't get the lumbersexual beard trend or hipster beard trend.

Do you guys think that those of us in the professional will be looking back at the bearded slicked back undercut hairstyle as a cringeworthy men's hairstyle trend? What about the general public?

Signed a female hairstylist who likes her men clean and well groomed! Smile

Here's the slicked back undercut hipster look versus the 1980s mullet with mustache look. Similarities??

[Image: 2GybVZX.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Slicked back undercut with hipster beard soon a 1980s mullet!
(09-16-2015 01:20 PM)The Hairstylist Wrote:  Do you think that the slicked back undercut hairstyle with the hipster beard will soon turn into a 1980s mullet?
[Image: 2GybVZX.jpg]

I started a similar thread a while back regarding the undercut.. Full disclosure, I have an undercut lol. But no beard.

So my question is.. What options do I have if I wanna change it up? Undercut is good because it's clean, not over the top but still stylish.

Anything come to mind? A lot of people are saying classic cuts will start to prevail and become the new trend but I'm hoping the geniuses of hair styling will come up with some innovations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2016 Hair Styles For When The Undercut Dies The1HairThatWontStay 8 5,224 08-02-2016 02:14 PM
Last Post: johnfederico786
  Growing out undercut TenMess 0 635 05-29-2016 06:22 AM
Last Post: TenMess
Photo Undercut Hairstyle Product for Natural Dry Hair, Need Help! The1HairThatWontStay 2 1,232 08-10-2015 05:49 PM
Last Post: The1HairThatWontStay
  What is this called? Long back? choco00934141 4 1,502 08-23-2014 10:26 AM
Last Post: choco00934141