Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slick back style won't hold like Brad Pitt Fury haircut
05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Slick back style won't hold like Brad Pitt Fury haircut
Hi guys,

I've got medium length hair. At the moment it's longer on top and has a side part. It just sits down in an almost bowl cut style. The hairstyle I want is like Brad Pitt's in the movie Fury.

I have ALOT of hair and it's very fine.. Absolutely no weight to it at all.
I've tried wax, gels and clays, but when I push my hair backwards it doesn't stay down. It pretty much sticks straight upwards.

Can anyone help? Am I not using a heavy enough product? Or will my hair just never stay down because it's not heavy enough?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 10:31 AM
The right hair product and haircut of Brad Pitt in Fury to slick his hairstyle.
Welcome to the forum! Not getting your hair completely held back in a slicked back hairstyle is a relatively common issue. For starters you need the right hair length and the right hair product.

We'd also need to see pictures to have a better idea of how your hair is sticking out or breaking the aesthetics of the slicked back hair style. I've upgraded your account so you can go ahead and upload your pictures to a free image hosting website (we suggest you upload them to IMGur as it's very fast) and then post them here.

I don' know if you've read it before, but we have an extensive slicked back Undercut guide which is the hairstyle and haircut of Brad Pitt in the Fury movie. Such a hairstyle requires that you keep the sides and back of your head in an Undercut haircut (i.e. an even buzz cut). The hair on the top should be a medium length, but, within the medium length, we do recommended that the hair be at last 4 inches in length. In fact, the best hair length range for Brad Pitt's Fury haircut is 4 to 6 inches of hair length on the top of the head so as to keep the hair in a slicked back style.

One thing to take into account is that, if you have a high hair density (i.e. you have too much hair), then you will need a strong-holding hair product. Without a doubt, the best men's hair product for the slicked back Undercut of Brad Pitt in the Fury movie is a hairstyling pomade. In fact, pomades are the recommended hairstyling products for all kinds of slicked back styles, from a classic slick back to a modern slick back.

You do not mention a pomade in the list of hair products that you've tried with your slicked back hair. Clays won't work whereas hair gel and hair wax may work depending on how strong the hold of the gel or wax is.

If I were you, I'd consider using the water soluble Layrite pomade which keeps its strong hold while providing a cleaner high-shine finish when compared to the older Layrite pomades. This makes it a great option for trendy slicked back hairstyles like the one of Brad Pitt in Fury.

We'd still have to see your hair to be able to see whether you'd benefit more from an oil-based pomade (i.e. a pomade with petrolatum). Such a type of pomade is the older brother of water-based pomades, but, if you choose a good one like the ones that we recommend in this forum, then you'd be guaranteed a high-shine and slicked hair style that is grease free and doesn't give off a highly artificial shine hat blinds people when the sun reflects on your hair as it so happens with the cheap low-quality pomades! Big Grin

You could also go with a hairstyling wax if you want a less slicked and less shiny finish to your slicked back hair. I don't know if you've tried the Gatsby hair wax range, but, if you haven't, then look into having a go at the maximum-hold hair wax in this list of Gatsby hair waxes which includes a very-strong pomade that will keep your hair secured into the direction and shape that you set it to when combing it and slicking it back. As said, it's the Gatsby hair wax in the linked post that is listed as being for "maximum hold".

If you're in the UK (or anyone else) and want to get that particular maximum hold Gatsby styling wax, then look into this other post in here with the same list of Gatsby hair waxes but in the UK.

So, are you looking for a shiny slicked back hairstyle or are you looking for a more natural slicked back Undercut hairstyle? Mention the answer to this question in your next reply and let us know how long your hair actually is as well as post pictures of your hair in a slicked back style and displaying the issue that you're currently experiencing.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need a new style help me zach2349 0 170 10-11-2016 09:14 AM
Last Post: zach2349
  Help me pick a haircut? scout9137 2 206 10-06-2016 10:49 PM
Last Post: scout9137
  Urgent slick back problem. DrySlickBack 1 530 09-05-2016 04:24 AM
Last Post: Salazar Mojo
  Need help with Brad Pitt styled hair WillC2K 1 377 09-05-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: Salazar Mojo