Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side swept hairstyle of Leonardo diCaprio?
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Side swept hairstyle of Leonardo diCaprio?
I was checking out the thread on the hairstyles of the men at the Oscars and noticed Leonardo diCaprio side swept hairstyle. It looks like a very formal and professional style so I am wondering what length of hair and what hair products to use for that side swept?
I imagine it would be a medium length and a pomade but just wanna double check with you guys if possible Smile thank you!

[Image: article-2571763-1BFABDFD00000578-378_634x918.jpg]

[Image: vZdlW6X.jpg]

[Image: article-0-1BFA98DC00000578-834_634x465.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Side swept hairstyle of Leonardo diCaprio?
That side swept hairstyle of Leonardo DiCaprio is done with pomade. Just create the parting line and sweep the hair to the side with a comb and pomade. It's a neat and classic side swept with the hair flattened in the same way that a classic slick back is slicked back flat and tight.

In terms of length, the hair length in those pictures of DiCaprio at the Oscars is a medium length between 4 to 5 inches on the top of the head, which is an ideal length to side sweep as it gives the classic waved shape of the side swept when angled (i.e. the hairstyle looks fuller). With shorter hair (e.g. 2 inches), the side sweeping of the hair doesn't look as full as that done with medium to long length hair.

In terms of which pomade to use for Leonardo DiCaprio's side swept hairstyle, the one that works great for this style is this particular pomade, which has an excellent hold and medium shine. This pomade doesn't look greasy and is easier to wash than the regular pomades with equal hold, so get that pomade in the link for any side sweeping or back slicking you may have in mind Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-10-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Side swept hairstyle of Leonardo diCaprio?
I find it interesting that he has maintained the same length and the same hairstyle since the Great Gatsby film last year. As far as I can recall from 2013 Leonardo diCaprios hairstyle has been the same slicked combover/side swept right?
Not saying it doesnt suit him. On the contrary I think it suits him very well but Hollywood stars tend to change their hairstyles so often that seen one of them wearing the same hairstyle for over a year is out of the ordinary Big Grin

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 161 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 181 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 6,217 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Jack O'Connell Unbroken Hair Products to Use for Hairstyle rinsnrepeat 0 352 07-11-2016 10:54 AM
Last Post: rinsnrepeat