Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side part hairstyle: parting hair on left or right temple?
10-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Side part hairstyle: parting hair on left or right temple?
Great tutorial. My problem is that my natural part is somewhere in the middle and then the eternal question is: should the parting be worn left or right! I have more ease wearing it on the right but I've read that this is more for members of the fair sex. But hey, Carey Grant could possibly not have been wrong!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 07:48 AM
The side part hairstyle for men can be parted at the right or left temple.
Great question, Thomas! I've actually moved your question from our Businessmen hairstyle guide to its own thread here so that others can read the reply (or replies) to your question on where to part the hair in the side-part hairstyle.

In reality, it doesn't matter and you're free to part your hair at the right temple or at the left temple. However, it is true that in some countries, parting your hair at the right temple indicated your sexual orientation (i.e. homosexual). Even here in the United States, parting your hair at the right temple was a bit of an urban myth in cities like New York, Miami and Los Angeles, where there is a big homosexual-male population. This urban myth started in the 1990s, though, so men like Carey Grant where parting their hair at the right temple way before this myth/trend started. The same goes for Spanish-speaking countries, where parting your hair on the right is regarded in the same manner as it is in some American cities.

As usual with combing, make sure that you're smoothly parting the hair. If you're pulling your hair because it is curly, then make sure that you use a good wide-tooth comb instead of a regular men's comb. A wide-tooth comb allows curly men to part their hair smoothly without pulling their curly locks apart.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-14-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: Side part hairstyle: parting hair on left or right temple?
Oh. Thank's for deeming my post thread worthy. My problem is that my hair is a real PITA. I 'd really like to wear a side part but no matter what I use it just refuses to comply. It insanely thick and stubborn. Believe me, I tried it all!!! The only way seems to use my natural part which is somewhere in the middle and I look like a complete dork that way. Helas, you have to accept what you have. I bet there are many gentlemen who wished to have more hair or any hair at all and would consider me lucky.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 79 12-07-2016 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 89 12-06-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 125 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 214 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21