Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side part hair advice or medium length haircut for oblong face
07-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Side part hair advice or medium length haircut for oblong face
Hi there,

This is my current hair except that i have an undercut cut on the sides and lower part of the back the last time I went to hair salon. I think my face falls into the oblong face type. Does the slicked back hairstyle make my face too long?? Should I change to a different hair style? With my hair length (the top hair about 4.5 inches), what possibly could I do? Any advice?

[Image: IMG_0180.jpg]

And how is this hairstyle called? Can I achieve it with my hair now??

[Image: IMG_4744.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Some advice pls
I think your hairstyle look cool on you Smile
07-04-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Some advice pls
(07-04-2015 10:38 AM)Goger Wrote:  I think your hairstyle look cool on you Smile

Thank you Smile , I really like the slick back style but it does accentuate my face shape though.
07-04-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Side part hair advice or medium length haircut for oblong face
You're looking good dude. I think you already have a nice hairstyle. I'm not a barber but isn't the hairstyle in the picture similar to what you have? As in, isn't that a side part hairstyle? There is a guide that I've read somewhere on the forum about the side part. Your hair seems to be parted a bit lower than the guy on the picture and maybe he is using wax for that textured effect. I find that hair wax works really well for the thick textured look. So far I've used some of the hair waxes from the forum and they have all delivered that type of textured look but with different shine and hold.

Are you using a hair dryer? I've read in the forum that a hair dryer helps to style your hair up. Maybe that would be another difference that I can spot in the picture you posted. What hair products do you use BTW?? Maybe a simple change in the product you use would get you that look in seconds.

I actually envy you a little (in a nice way) because my hair is too thick to get more definition like your hair or the hair of that guy in the picture. But seriously give a hair wax a go because I have found that a hair wax has been the only product to give me some more extra definition which is what I am trying to say with the textured look that I get from them. Your mileage may vary though and maybe one of the barbers can comment more on that.
07-04-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Side part hair advice or medium length haircut for oblong face
Hey Freddie, thanks for the input. I also think it is a side part , but I can never pull it with my current hair. My side is kinda short for that hair though.

I often used hairdryer and Hanz de fuko claymation series currently, while I like about its holding power and convenience in styling, I hate the big volume it give. And trust me, I too have thick hair and sometimes it's not an easy task to get more definition. Hair stuffs are definitely challenging though haha, it's always about experimentation.

And you look cool too dude!! I know it's all about gene but I could never grow facial hair SadSad
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is my face shape and how do I choose my hairstyle? gamershawk 0 97 11-16-2016 06:46 AM
Last Post: gamershawk
  Hairstyle advice for dry short straight hair with round face shape overprotected 4 243 10-28-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Looking For Some Hairstyles: Oval Face, Dark Skin RR0907 0 104 09-19-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: RR0907
  How to fade or color medium bright brown hair nitulescu3 1 155 09-03-2016 08:47 AM
Last Post: shavey_guide