Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Side Part hairstyle - Pictures, How to Style, Products and More
11-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Side Part hairstyle - Pictures, How to Style, Products and More
Here is a set of pictures of the side part hairstyle. The side part is best combined with a taper haircut, which is commonly known as the Businessman Cut.

The side part always has some volume and is combed at either temple (left or right). According to Rogelio Samson (author of The Men's Hair Book), parting the hair at the right temple (so combing to the left) used to be a known homosexuality cue in Spanish speaking countries for homosexual males to secretly hint at their sexual orientation in public, although this hairstyle cue isn't so much the case according to him in these countries. It's the same with having an earring in the right earlobe for men. However, just wear your side part from whichever temple you want as long as you're happy with it.

If the side part is flattened, this is known as a side swept which is a mens hairstyle that we have covered in depth in the link. A side part is isn't flattened and is thus styled with a comb, with comb and fingers, or just with fingers.

The first dude in the set of pictures of the side part hairstyle is Zachary Quinto, while the other dude is Ricky Gervais.

[Image: 970e544fed0013e9e3765f62830d3db6.jpg]

[Image: a9bc36d967cc10badbb00916c261b632.jpg]

[Image: d34f017a08db92100db80bc75bf54790.jpg]

[Image: 14daab6ffc09d2575e370af176086370.jpg]

[Image: 54d452a2ecbebf5f4e039a6387d3cfea.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m1d0sd4aWv1qcpzry.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m0a5a2oMfl1qbm54c.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_moo45aIhIT1qz4rgp.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Hair products for side part hair style.
Mens hair products to buy:

The great thing about the side part is that just about any mens hair product will work. The actual trick with the side part is regulating the volume, which is done by using (or not using) the fingers when styling and also by using a hair dryer.

These are the best hair products for the side part hairstyle.
  • Hair gel
  • Pomade (for styling with a regular part or at an angle)
  • Styling wax (if you want a messy style or a Quiff on the forelock)
  • Styling mousse (for curly hair)
Have a look through our linked mens hair products guide for the best hair gels, pomades, styling waxes and styling mousse to buy.

The one hair product where you want to pay attention with regards to which one to buy is a hair dryer. There are countless of low-quality hair dryers, and any hairdresser or barber worth their salt will recommend you to get a high-quality hair dryer, even if it means paying more than what you'd pay for the garbage hair dryers that have flooded the market.

A hair dryer helps immensely in setting as much volume as you want in your side part, and it is of great use especially for straight hair. Simply point the hair dryer to your hair as you part it and style to the side with either a comb or fingers. Make sure to have coated your hair with your chosen hair product first, then point the hair dryer and get parting and styling! Lastly, do not dry your hair all the way, always leave a small amount of moisture or dampness in the hair.

An excellent hair dryer that we recommend in this forum and that will be an excellent purchase is THIS one here from T3. It dries the hair not only faster but it also tames any frizz (which is rare with most dryers), enhances (for better) your chosen hairstyle (including side part) and minimizes any damage from the heat of the dryer to your hair strands.

If, on the other hand, money is a bit tight and you still want great value and quality for a reasonable price, then go with THIS other dryer.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-18-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Side Part hairstyle - Pictures, How to Style, Products and More
you really cannot go wrong when you go back to the classics Smile what taper cut length do you recommend for the side part? if any at all?
11-18-2014, 07:41 PM
I always loved the side part. When growing up, I had an uncle that wore one that looked as good as anything Dean Martin could pull off. I tried to wear it, but my wavy hair and cowlick just didn't allow it. The only way I could get it even close was with tons of gel and then it just looked forced. I think it's the best classic look out there.
12-11-2014, 04:54 PM
I really like his style (the guy from lost)!
12-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Brendan Fraser hairstyle.
Brendan Fraser:

Brendan Fraser has alternated between a middle part hairstyle and the side part. That's before he started losing his hair and started wearing a dead animal (or "rat", as per The Men's Hair Book LOL). Incidentally, Brendan Fraser is a classic example of how having thick dense hair doesn't make one bullet-proof to male hair loss.

[Image: f02e25e8ff82daf9f3bbde0005181c2b.jpg]

[Image: 588db61fa944806cdad9f1abc5bf1e80.jpg]

[Image: 980dfdca53d558b617a176f667f04ee1.jpg]

[Image: b71a6aa9c90decc7919c82a9de0c634d.jpg]

[Image: 0110b467f2672a4ad0e7a13be4bcd003.jpg]

12-14-2014, 08:56 AM
James Marsden's hairstyle.
James Marsden:

Another actor who also styled his hair with a side parted style was James Marsden. As of lately, he has preferred a more cropped look, but James Marsden's hair was parted to the side back in the day with a messy element thrown in too (he actually styled his hair with a middle part in the 1990s like Brendan Fraser did). As you can see with the thousands of our forum's hairstyles pictures, there's many ways to approach hairstyles like the side part.

As also seen in the following pictures of James Marsden hair, the side part looks very good on wavy hair.

[Image: 219736b31e8118236c0ca66d052325a0.jpg]

[Image: 04429ca942c5626e28abe6868d5ccd28.jpg]

[Image: 70f61a8d00e28376af4099b518bad831.jpg]

[Image: 6f0c81a0678fe23d9aefb8c9dc341f61.jpg]

[Image: 80a6cf2c214d21fb3635b3a3053276b9.jpg]

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 22 Today 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 51 Yesterday 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 107 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 205 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21