Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short hair to long Journey
01-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Short hair to long Journey
Hello guys welcome to my thread. this will be a place where I will post my progress from short hair to long hair.

I'm Shahrukh,live in the US . I grew out my hair last year but cut it because I wanted to try something new. I will be growing it back again now. The las time I cut my hair was 12/6/14. I'm a month in now. so lets see how it goes.

Last Haircut

12/6/14. basically got a short cut. but not very short.

Current Hairstyle

right now its just short and trimmed.

Products Used

Shampoo

mane and tail. if anyone has any better suggestions let me know. thanks

My Inspirations

Ranveer Singh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Short hair to long Journey
January 2015

these were taken early january. its still short hair but i plan to grow it out long

[Image: 25u2jkl.jpg]

[Image: afaiz7.jpg]

[Image: 2udujxk.jpg]

How my hair used to be

[Image: b967w7.jpg]

the pic above is like 8 months of growth but I cut it off and regretted it =/
01-16-2015, 10:51 PM
My Inspiration

I hope to get one of these hairstyles because I feel these are the closest to my hair type. Thick(dense), Straight Hair

[Image: i2j0ph.jpg]

[Image: 14myv82.jpg]

[Image: sgiazr.jpg]

[Image: 20kvmsn.jpg]

[Image: 2uf97ac.jpg]
01-19-2015, 12:58 PM
awesome, you should let it grow again
01-25-2015, 05:03 AM
Nice! Growing my hair out long too, here's a little encouragement for you to keep going! Smile The first guy looks like Andrea Pirlo haha.
01-29-2015, 08:47 PM
(01-19-2015 12:58 PM)Jawad21 Wrote:  awesome, you should let it grow again

thanks for the encouragement man. having thick straight hair is a blessing but i feel if you keep it longer it sits down better than having short hair stick out!! =]
01-29-2015, 08:51 PM
(01-25-2015 05:03 AM)asianboy Wrote:  Nice! Growing my hair out long too, here's a little encouragement for you to keep going! Smile The first guy looks like Andrea Pirlo haha.

thanks man! I appreciate your feedback! its a long road road but I feel like its worth it keep checking in man! don't give up
02-07-2015, 12:37 PM
2nd Month February 2015

so Im 2 months in now. I think my hair grows a little faster than usual because from my first month to 2nd month is a lot of growth. my hair is pretty thick(dense) so I just use styling creme to make it look presentable. my goal is to get a man bun hopefully but i still have a while to go. any feedback would be helpful. thanks all

[Image: 2n8v2tt.jpg]

[Image: ighgyq.jpg]

[Image: 52ayva.jpg]

[Image: 2rpuvzs.jpg]
03-04-2015, 01:47 PM
March 2015

three months in now. Still long way to go!!

[Image: j6is87.jpg]

[Image: 10dv4vd.jpg]

[Image: 214cf93.jpg]

[Image: 2qjy9uq.jpg]

[Image: 25ewoi0.jpg]

[Image: 35lvi3t.jpg]

[Image: 2irumog.jpg]

[Image: ml7biq.jpg]
03-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Great pictures and update!

Your hair is growing out fast, and, just like I commented in your other thread, you do indeed have thick, dense hair, which is a blessing in disguise. With regards to the Zayn Malik Pompadour hairstyle of your thread, you do have the perfect hair type to pull that exact same look in 2 months.

Go through my post in your thread (the one I've linked above) as you can start slicking your hair and practicing the groove of styling a Pompadour and Quiff as soon as you have a good slicking pomade (the one I recommended in your thread is great for your goal). While you still need 2 more months to grow an extra inch, you have enough hair length already to start working on customizing your very-own Pompadour hairstyle, whether it's the one of Zayn Malik or the one of Scott Disick as per another thread of yours that I replied to.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-04-2015, 08:10 PM
(03-04-2015 02:14 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Great pictures and update!

Your hair is growing out fast, and, just like I commented in your other thread, you do indeed have thick, dense hair, which is a blessing in disguise. With regards to the Zayn Malik Pompadour hairstyle of your thread, you do have the perfect hair type to pull that exact same look in 2 months.

Go through my post in your thread (the one I've linked above) as you can start slicking your hair and practicing the groove of styling a Pompadour and Quiff as soon as you have a good slicking pomade (the one I recommended in your thread is great for your goal). While you still need 2 more months to grow an extra inch, you have enough hair length already to start working on customizing your very-own Pompadour hairstyle, whether it's the one of Zayn Malik or the one of Scott Disick as per another thread of yours that I replied to.

thanks so much for all your help! I will buy those items as well. hopefully by may, I can have that hairstyle.
03-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Nice vision and great progress. I like the way you have a picture of your goal. I think I need to identify my hair type and do the same.
03-16-2015, 08:36 PM
(03-13-2015 01:30 AM)mitchthegg Wrote:  Nice vision and great progress. I like the way you have a picture of your goal. I think I need to identify my hair type and do the same.

Thanks man! just google your hair type and see whats out there.
03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey guys so my layrite superhold pomade came in. Overall it is a lot better than murrays pomade and it doesn't feel greasy as well so I can understand the price Big Grin. I have started using it to slick my hair back. The only problem I'm having it is slicking it back all the way as my hair does not want to lay slick back. Maybe my hair is still to short to slick it back? idk if u guys can see it but here are some pics.

[Image: 116q7iq.jpg]

[Image: 2qn426w.jpg]

[Image: 9i90es.jpg]

[Image: taijk9.jpg]

[Image: 11gjcbr.jpg]
03-26-2015, 03:22 PM
your hair really grows fast.
But i think it could be because it isnt long enough to lay it slick back, longer straight hair tends to lay down the longer it gets and easier to manage, so try letting it grow. (my opinion though)

but besides that it looks awesome.
03-28-2015, 11:54 AM
(03-26-2015 03:22 PM)Jawad21 Wrote:  your hair really grows fast.
But i think it could be because it isnt long enough to lay it slick back, longer straight hair tends to lay down the longer it gets and easier to manage, so try letting it grow. (my opinion though)

but besides that it looks awesome.

Yeah thats what I figured also lol. I just have to wait for it to get longer but I hate the waiting period
04-08-2015, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 11:11 PM by shahrukhch1.)
Whats up guys? its my 4th month update. Overall my hair is finally able to sort of sit down and take some shape with the pomade but overall the length is finally coming in Smile. My hair has grown out pretty fast. I think it grows out faster than most people. here are the pics.
[Image: 2cyis1s.jpg]

[Image: 1424wnl.jpg]

[Image: 16k98pz.jpg]

[Image: 35aptw0.jpg]

[Image: wia4qt.jpg]

[Image: 2qv43uv.jpg]
04-09-2015, 01:04 AM
Wow, that's a really fast hair growth you have there man! Keep going!! Smile
04-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(04-09-2015 01:04 AM)asianboy Wrote:  Wow, that's a really fast hair growth you have there man! Keep going!! Smile

Thanks man!! Smile Im gonna keep going and see how it looks after a years mark. then Illsee what I want to do with it
04-09-2015, 12:01 PM
You've almost Zayn Malik's hair length but need more for Johnny Depp's hairstyle!
I'm really impressed (and really glad too) with the results that you guys are documenting in your blogs after following the advice in our forum! Also some of you have some pretty fast hair growth rates, yourself included, Shahrukh!

You've pretty much almost got the hair length of Zayn Malik when we started posting his pics in our Zayn Malik hairstyles discussion. I would say you need an extra inch, about 6 weeks of extra length. However, you should be able to get a brush up or some kind of vertical hairstyle by now (if you have tried).

Have you got a hair dryer already? Apologies if you've mentioned this earlier as I read through all your blogs and sometimes can't remember some facts since you guys keep your blogs so detailed.

Likewise, for the hairstyle of Johnny Deep in Cry Baby you will need more hair length. About twice the length that you currently sport. So essentially think of an extra 4 inches if you want to have Johnny Depp's long Pompadour hairstyle. That would be about 6 o 8 months worth of hair growing, but in your case I believe you'd get there in 6 months to 7 months.

With regards to Zayn Malik's hairstyles, which one do you have in mind? His Pompadour too or a Brush Up style?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hairstyle advice for dry short straight hair with round face shape overprotected 4 234 10-28-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,802 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,110 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Ideas on how to style short hair from a fade haircut Cloverpopper 0 570 09-26-2015 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cloverpopper