Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short Ivy League Haircut for Military Men Picture
03-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Thumbs Up Short Ivy League Haircut for Military Men Picture
If there's one place where you're bound to see plenty of Ivy League haircuts, then that'd be the military. This short crew cut haircut in the picture has faded sides and back (i.e. a fade haircut) while the top of the head is left as short as possible with shears and tapered towards the crown (i.e. the hair's length is a little longer on the forehead's hairline than at the crown aka back of the top of the head).

This Ivy League is as short as it can possibly get for an Ivy League haircut. An even shorter haircut while keeping the same tapered top of the head would be the Crew Cut, which too is a popular military haircut for men. The Crew Cut maintains the same tapered shape (on the sides, back and top) while only using a hair clipper to buzz through it, while the Ivy League uses shears with a clipper. With regards to styling an Ivy League, any good wax or gel will work wonders for your Ivy League haircut.

What do you think of this Ivy League cut? You can comment on it or rate it on the top right. You can also ask any questions about this men's haircut, or post any extra advice! Smile

[Image: ePRg1oG.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2015, 06:27 AM
RE: Short Ivy League Haircut for Military Men Picture
The Ivy league hairstyle to me looks like the opposite of the mullet hairstyle lol Party at the front and business on the back (for the Ivy League hairstyle).
03-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Ivy League hair cut as the opposite of the mullet hairstyle.
(03-18-2015 06:27 AM)Stevens Wrote:  Party at the front and business on the back (for the Ivy League hairstyle).

That's actually a good way to put it! Smile

The Ivy League leaves enough length for hair styling on the forelock, which is what's used to shape the haircut as it looks like a wedge from the side. As interpreted by your saying, the rest of the hair outside the forelock is kept short and neat.

All in all, the Ivy League is a great haircut for men.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Modern Slicked Back Hairstyle: Cool Picture with Advice TheMensHairForum 0 403 06-08-2016 04:38 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Classic Undercut Hairstyle with 1980s Bowl Haircut Epicness! TheMensHairForum 0 373 06-08-2016 03:31 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Thumbs Up Jared Leto Hairstyle with Long Slicked Back Hair Picture TheMensHairForum 1 2,135 12-31-2015 06:29 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Executive contour haircut with slicked side part for redhead guy Panther 1 1,615 12-15-2015 04:08 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c