Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shaving gel reviews: Gillette Fusion and Gillette Series gel
08-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Shaving gel reviews: Gillette Fusion and Gillette Series gel
For most men, shaving is an uncomfortable chore that must be done daily. If you're anything like me, you dread the thought of it, because you have a thick beard and sensitive skin. My skin is very, very sensitive. I always get razor burn even though I follow my shaving tips to avoid skin irritation. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how thick my beard is, as well. I will easily go through two disposable razors in one shave. Especially if I have not shaved in a couple days.

So I decided to try Gillette Fusion shaving gel, because it is supposed to be extra moisturizing for men with sensitive skin. Gillette Fusion contains aloe and cocoa butter. Shaving gel also works better for facial ahir shaving than shaving creams so trying the Fusion line of Gillette was a given for me.

After my first shave with Gillette Fusion, I have to admit it works pretty well. I wouldn't say that it "moisturized" my face, but it helped. I mean, I still used a moisturizing aftershave to sooth the burn a little. I will say, though, that it made shaving more comfortable than usual. It certainly does not make shaving an enjoyable experience, but making the act of shaving even slightly less insufferable is a difficult feat unto itself. It seemed that when I was shaving with the Gillette Fusion shaving gel, my razor slid across my skin way easier than normal. The razor burn was still there, but not as bad as it normally is.

I also tried Gillette Series ultra-moisturizing shaving gel. Gillette Series is sort of like the lesser expensive alternative to Gillette fusion. It doesn't have aloe or cocoa butter. Actually, it consists mostly of ingredients that I've never heard of before, but I won't hold that against it. If it works, it works. To be perfectly honest, there isn't much difference between Gillette Series and Gillette Fusion, as far as results are concerned. If I were to be extremely nit-picky, I would say that I like Fusion a little bit better, but depending on where you shop it can cost up to $2.00 more per 7oz bottle. Not really worth it if you ask me.

I decided to try some generic, moisturizing shaving creams and gels, as well. Again, there is a pretty big price difference between the generic stuff and Gillette, so I figured it would be worth a shot to try them out. They didn't really compare. They were not bad, per se, they just were not that much better than ordinary shaving creams. I think I am going to stick with Gillette Series. At least as long as I stick to shaving. Like I said before, it doesn't make shaving enjoyable, it just makes it a little less unpleasant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Reply to Gillette shaving gel reviews
Thanks for the reviews, Sunset! Indeed, shaving gel can be a great lubricant for the facial hair and will enhance the shaving experience. It's just that some men do prefer the classic brush and cream approach to wet shaving.

For any of you interested, do give shaving gel a try as it's a low-priced shaving product, so you won't be spending much for what can potentially be a product that you end up preferring to shaving cream or soap.

For the Gillette Fusion gel, get THIS one here. I comes as a six pack so the price is unbeatable for a Gillette gel (and it will last you over 6 months! LOL).

Another shaving gel that has some good feedback is THIS one from Edge. It also uses Aloe Vera, which I find is an excellent anti irritant and moisturizer. This shaving gel isn't a Gillette product, but nonetheless it's still a good option (although ounce for ounce, the Gillette six pack above is cheaper).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Shavers and Electric Razors for Men: 8 Top Shaver Reviews! A London Barber 1 112 10-27-2016 11:07 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Straight Razor Shaving Unshorn 14 3,897 10-07-2016 11:08 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  Wet shaving for acne prone, sensitive skin. PhoKingTasty 2 1,660 05-20-2016 06:49 AM
Last Post: TimothyClayton
  Can we use aftershave after shaving hair on head? Vladimir 6 9,424 12-18-2015 07:20 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c