Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaved sides hairstyles or Skrillex haircut?
04-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Shaved sides hairstyles or Skrillex haircut?
Was wondering what you guys thought of the side shave hair cut. Is it the same as the Skrillex haircut? or what are the differences in the style or in the cut?

It is obvious that Miley Cyrus has made shaved sides hairstyles popular but I am wondering how that translates to men. Only instance I can think of some styles similar to the side shaved hairstyles is the skrillex haircut. I am also curious as I read in this forum of a japanese member asking for that kind of side shave hairstyle from a famous rapper woman in Japan i think I remember.

And do you think this is achievable by one self? as in with a hair clipper and a mirror and get it done?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Shaved sides hairstyles or Skrillex haircut?
maybe I should have also added some lols and posted a couple of pictures of Miley Cyrus shave sides hairstyle. See below for how a former beautiful woman gets to ruin her looks...

[Image: GTY_miley_cyrus_jef_131007_16x9_992.jpg]

[Image: mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:958969?width=424&...ality=0.85]

[Image: miley.jpg]
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Actually Miley Cyrus has an undercut & not a side shave! Tongue she just uses her side part to make it look like an asymmetric haircut. You can see perfectly in this picture below Miley Cyrus undercut.

[Image: miley-cyrus-we-cant-stop-1-650-430.jpg]

The side shave is an asymmetric haircut cause one side of the head - if you look from the front - is shorter from the other. This is done by using a hair clipper to buzz the side of the head & normally below the temple line so that it is actually done as a side undercut.
The side shave = side undercut. You can call the style with any of those 2 hair styling "names".

The Skrillex haircut is also a side shave & we talked about it in the past. The difference is with the Skrillex haircut - the informal name for the side shave - you will have the hair on the rest of the hair much longer. Usually you have long hair & one side of the head shaved as in shaved with a razor or done with a hair clipper but no guiding comb.

For tools you will only need a good hair clipper like this awesome Andis clipper which is light to use & comes with everything you need for the perfect buzz cut + it is cordless. Or you can check out our how to shave head hair discussion & get the shaving razor + shaving cream we recommend. Yes you should use shaving cream even when shaving your scalp hair & not just your facial hair Smile

The side shave hairstyle is not a popular style with men. It is a popular new style with women thanks to - unfortunately - Miley Cyrus, Rihanna & others. Skrillex has been the most popular guy with a side shave & cause of his long hair we simply call his style the Skrillex haircut. You can also rarely see the side shave in some mens EMO hairstyles.

Pictures of men with side shaved hairstyles
I am posting some pictures of men with side shaved hairstyles. Like I say it is not a popular style but hey, some guys will get it done anyway.

[Image: e77f689428887021c9195c1a8723244f.jpg]

[Image: 25d48e488a913b0d98c9721556d4ff1f.jpg]

[Image: 7187e959b72457e65ba733f994101a6d.jpg]

[Image: e00f2970e543731d585d1a5b0d5c3c80.jpg]

[Image: 8abc224361e9a7d6b73706079c40b6f6.jpg]

[Image: 06cfb0620864e7826a11e46d47b150ae.jpg]
05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Very good post above by Jurgen. Yes, Miley Cyrus has an Undercut, not a side shave or side undercut. She just happens to have long hair on the top with which she then parts and creates a fringe that gives the illusion of asymmetric hair. I still think she did herself a disfavor by getting that haircut and that she is going down the wrong path, but hey, it's a free world where controversy and disorderly conduct to create magazine headlines reigns over actual talent.

As for the side shave haircut for men, avoid it for the time being until the whole Miley Cyrus debacle becomes passe. Her undercut is mistaken for a side shave because of the way she styles it and I am seeing lots of women getting side shaves so as to jump on the Miley Cyrus "cool" wagon, and you certainly don't want to be associated with any of that, even as a male.

If you feel like getting some kind of disconnected hairstyle, just go and get an Undercut and leave the top long with 6 inches of hair length. We have the biggest source of information on the whole of the Internet about the Undercut hairstyle in our Undercut guide and all members who tried the Undercut following our advice got some awesome Undercuts.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I would also avoid the shaved side hairstyle - just seems like you are very limited in styling and everyone that gets it, looks very much the same. I'm ok with long hair (longer than 6 inches) with an undercut, especially if you have hair like that young lad in the picture above Skrillex's picture. However, I know must of us aren't so lucky!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get better hair and hairstyles as a male - 5 easy tips The Hairstylist 0 257 10-03-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  How to use hair trimmer for a hair thinning haircut? Lorenn 3 1,453 06-02-2016 02:35 PM
Last Post: claus
  Haircut for wavy, medium hair (man) Je2848132 0 751 01-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: Je2848132
  Cameron Dallas haircut? Jdub16 2 861 01-17-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: yavuzc78