Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampoo advice for thinning hair with scalp visible?
05-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Shampoo advice for thinning hair with scalp visible?
Ok so the strands of my hair seem to be ridiculously thin to the point where you can clearly see my scalp I've tried different hair shampoos but to no effect. Has anyone got any advice on this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Shampoo advice for thinning hair with scalp visible?
I was just finished reading some really helpful advice here where they talk about thickening shampoos that can also help with hair loss. The shampoo that they recommend also includes a thickening conditioner so it's a great combination for thickening hair according to those who have used it.

Is your thinning hair caused by hair loss? or do you just have thin hair? I ask because there seems to be different treatments for each ailment. The thickening shampoo and conditioner in that thread does help with both hair loss and naturally thin hair so it could be used as a hair product foundation to manage your ailment. But if you were losing your hair you could also try products like Rogaine which help with regaining your hair and making it thicker. Not sure if it works for naturally thin hair although I think this has been mentioned somewhere in the forum and the answer was that it remained as an experimental solution.

One more thing is that I read in another thread how bright light can make your scalp visible, even if you have thick hair. The difference in how the scalp looked between the bright light from a lamp and the light coming from natural daylight was impressive. I haven't take pictures yet of my hair so I cannot talk from my experience alone, but I've seen pictures posted by other forum members where the pictures with a bright light showed a lot of their scalp while the pictures with a dim light didn't show their scalp. So perhaps you could post pictures to see how thin is your hair and how visible is your scalp?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Male pattern baldness with itchy scalp starting at 18 years of age? kokolala666 1 238 09-07-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: kokolala666
  Hair thinning after summer bniko06 0 333 02-09-2016 01:00 PM
Last Post: bniko06
  Thinking of trying minoxidil, need advice!? Freeze 0 592 01-05-2016 01:15 PM
Last Post: Freeze
  Vertex thinning at young age with straight thick hair and short length? Breezy22 0 830 09-29-2015 06:12 PM
Last Post: Breezy22