Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampoo Frequency for Active Male With Fine Hair 0 0
Shampoo Frequency for Active Male With Fine Hair
05-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Shampoo Frequency for Active Male With Fine Hair
I've had the same hairstylist for over 25 years and she has never mentioned anything about hair loss. I relocated and recently saw a new hairstylist for the first time and she said my crown is thinning. She recommended I begin using Nioxin. I read a few reviews and pulled the trigger on the "Noticeably Thinning" package. I saw a video of my crown and, indeed, it is less full than the other areas of my scalp.

Since that haircut and use of the shampoo, my hair has felt different to the touch. It feels baby soft.
1) Is this normal and 2) what is the rate of frequency for use of this shampoo (or any shampoo, for that matter)?

NOTE: Although currently dealing with an injury, I'm active on a daily basis with intensity that causes sweat to develop on my scalp.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: Shampoo Frequency for Active Male With Fine Hair
My hair is thinning too so I feel your pain. Also had it noticed by my hairdresser. Damn them all! LOL I'm joking.

Don't know what Nioxin is but I'm on Rogaine and also using a hair thickening conditioner. I use a regular shampoo and my frequency is thrice per week. Shampoo frequency is related to your hair type and other specific details. Have you read the Mens Hair Book? That book is golden for a lot of things including working out your shampoo frequency. I worked out my shampoo frequency with the book and it's been working really nice ever since. Remember that hair conditioners also cleanse the hair, in case you also use a hair conditioner.

My guess is that if your hair feels baby soft then you're getting too much cleansing too often. Part of having good hair is getting some of the sebum worked into the hair strands.
09-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Sorry to post again but I just searched the forum and Nioxin is a shampoo. Didn't know the product. From the looks of it this is a clarifying shampoo right? So my guess (again) would be that your hair feeling like it does is part of the strong cleansing effect of the Nioxin. According to the book and the threads I've read here, clarifying shampoos should not be used daily.

Maybe someone else can comment on this. Looks interesting. Cheers!
09-20-2018, 11:37 AM
(05-10-2018 12:09 PM)tvc15 Wrote:  1) Is this normal and 2) what is the rate of frequency for use of this shampoo (or any shampoo, for that matter)?

Yes, it is normal. Nioxin is a strong scalp cleanser as mentioned by the previous poster.

Use an every-other-day frequency (on/off). On off days use a regular shampoo. You can go higher in frequency but the baby-soft hair will be an everyday thing. Just ramp up on your hairstyling products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone use Pau Mitchell's Tea Trree Anti-Thinning shampoo? SirTarquin 0 222 04-23-2018 02:22 PM
Last Post: SirTarquin
  Non-male pattern balding? Losing hair but unsure about reason AntonD 5 2,563 06-12-2017 11:30 AM
Last Post: AntonD
  Male pattern baldness with itchy scalp starting at 18 years of age? kokolala666 2 1,706 02-08-2017 09:53 PM
Last Post: portraitofcurcelli
  Is a hair transplant good for balding men and male pattern baldness? Edmond123 0 2,005 01-04-2016 04:36 AM
Last Post: Edmond123