Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sergio Ramos new hairstyle and haircut - The side square style
03-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Sergio Ramos new hairstyle and haircut - The side square style
Last week, Sergio Ramos got a new haircut and hairstyle. The haircut is what we call in this forum the side square. The haircut is usually styled in a faux hawk or up in a brush up. This was actual a haircut that Cristiano Ronaldo got years ago when he was at Manchester United. According to Rogelio author of The Men's Hair Book this haircut is popular with young men in Spain & Portugal - Sergio Ramos is spanish & Cristiano Ronaldo is portuguese.

Pictures of Sergio Ramos new haircut & hairstyle
The side square haircut is very easy! All you do is buzz the sides of your head. Everything below the temple lines is buzzed & everything before where the back of the head starts - so the side of the head - is buzzed. The same clipper length is used, no fading is done. The side square is similar to the metro mullet & a metro mullet + side squares usually go together - this was how Cristiano Ronaldo actually had his haircut.

This side picture of Sergio Ramos shows perfectly what the haircut looks like & where it starts and ends.

[Image: 1394473059_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

The side square can however finish deep into the back of the head so it looks like a mohawk from the side. The difference with a mohawk is that the mohawk also buzzes most of the top of the head, the side square does not!
Other pictures with the new haircut during the match against Levante last Sunday.

[Image: 1394405728_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: GRA186-MADRID-09-03-2014-El-de_544029456...60_640.jpg]

[Image: Sergio-Ramos-atendiendo-a-los-_544022172...60_640.jpg]

For those wondering this is how a Cristiano Ronaldo's hairstyle as a metro mullet + side square haircut looked:

[Image: dfzvYI1.jpg]

The good thing about the side square haircut is you only need a goo hair clipper. This cordless Andis clipper is perfect for this haircut - and many more of course! Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 03:35 PM by shane88.)
RE: Sergio Ramos new hairstyle and haircut - The side square style
Yeah that the haircut I was on about yesterday, I'm personally not keen on it for Ramos, to be honest it looks terrible and it doesnt suits him, I think the best haircut Ramos has ever had was the side parting with a undercut, he had that haircut most of last year
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
(03-11-2014 03:32 PM)shane88 Wrote:  Yeah that the haircut I was on about yesterday, I'm personally not keen on it for Ramos, to be honest it looks terrible and it doesnt suits him, I think the best haircut Ramos has ever had was the side parting with a undercut, he had that haircut most of last year

Agreed. And good job documenting his new haircut, Jurgen!

Personally, the side square style only looks good when the edges are tapered (with a hair clipper) like in the picture of Cristiano Ronaldo. I think Ramos' side squares just looks too in your face and sharp. Also, didn't Rogelio tell you that the side squares are worn by young JERSEY SHORE guys in Spain? You seem to have skipped that part in your article, big J Big Grin (just kidding bro). But he probably told you as he is always joking around some of those haircuts that become fashionable in southern Europe (in Spain there is a name for the kind of people that get those haircuts apparently but I can't remember the name).

It's kind of like the blowout hairstyle in the USA with the Jersey Shore crowd (I'm talking Paul DelVecchio blowout hairstyle LOL)

[Image: 400px-DJ_Pauly_D.jpg]

And agreed on which hairstyle of Ramos looks best. The Undercut with some smoothing of the edges plus side part in a slick looked really good on him.

[Image: Sergio-Ramos-alto-y-claro_54370469461_54...00_244.jpg]

[Image: 1390301825_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: 1361481254_extras_portada_0.jpg]

[Image: 1342353968_extras_albumes_0.jpg]

[Image: 1363542328_extras_portada_1.jpg]

He did get the most groupies and female fans when Ramos had long hair (although he was considerably younger back then):

[Image: 1333711647_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_1.jpg]

[Image: 1338540881_extras_portada_1.jpg]

[Image: 1338643791_extras_portada_0.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Yup his haircut looks pretty bad. Redneck haircut. I have seen this kind of haircuts in rural US, including the metro mullet btw lol

(03-11-2014 04:17 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  [Image: 1338540881_extras_portada_1.jpg]

Is that Gerard Pique btw? in that picture what is the haircut of Pique? sorry for the off topic question but imo the cut looks nice and I have seen Pique with this same cut before...
03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
(03-12-2014 11:42 AM)Alex Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 04:17 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  [Image: 1338540881_extras_portada_1.jpg]

Is that Gerard Pique btw? in that picture what is the haircut of Pique? sorry for the off topic question but imo the cut looks nice and I have seen Pique with this same cut before...

The haircut of Pique is an ivy league haircut.
03-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I agree on the Ivy League, I say it's a bit brush up as well, I see if I can get some photos of Pique and post them up
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 03:48 PM by shane88.)
Sorry can't post any images, tried creating a page for Pique but won't let post images, why's that?
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
(03-12-2014 03:28 PM)shane88 Wrote:  I agree on the Ivy League, I say it's a bit brush up as well, I see if I can get some photos of Pique and post them up

Yes, he has the brush up emphasis on the forelock (front) and it also happens because straight hair, when cut short, has a tendency to stick up and is very difficult to tame when no hair product is used. The picture of Ramos and Pique together is prior to a match so it is safe to assume Pique isn't wearing any products on his hair.

Well spotted, guys. The haircut is indeed an Ivy League haircut. In fact, Gerard Pique has a personal preference for this haircut.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 158 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 442 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 502 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 366 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma