Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking the advice of the professionals and enthusiasts on here
08-30-2017, 01:02 AM
Seeking the advice of the professionals and enthusiasts on here
Good morning,

I just joined here, and read the rules first so until I get picture upload access, I'll try to describe my dilemma and my hair as best I can.

I am going on 30 now and I went from having fade cut for a decade before deciding to grow my hair out 2 years ago. Originally I grew it out as a slick back and eventually a undercut slick back with the help of the super-thread for that style on this forum.

Long story short, a little more than a year ago I wanted to try out long hair all around but I didn't feel like cutting the top since it took so long to grow. I went through the awkward stage a second time since my sides had to grow back and now they are about 6-7 inches while my top is probably closer to 12-14 inches in length. I have been wearing my hair down like a hippie to cover the sides or down and tucked behind the ears.

I never really was good at knowing how to manage hair so these last 2 years have been a slow learning experience, including buying a lot of products that many didn't get used since I didn't know what I was doing lol.

It's been several months since I last had my hair cut so before I schedule my next visit, I thought I would consult with you the professionals who may have some good ideas for me based on my hair type. I would
say my hair would be on the lower end of waviness since it is mostly straight but thick with slight waves involved.

I am considering a style that matches my beard, the one I considered looks like Archer from the episode Heart of Archness, which to me really just looks like Jim Morrison's style when he started changing his look.

If this is a good match, please let me know, or if you have alternative ideas that might better fit my facial and body features, I am open ears because I just don't have the natural eye for this like others do. I am also not easily upset or offended, so I can take brutal honesty.

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  advice on baby hairs please.. joey151 0 385 08-23-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: joey151
  Advice Needed. First time long haired journey arfaad 0 596 08-14-2016 03:38 PM
Last Post: arfaad
  Hair Length Inconsistency and Haircut Advice (Growing Long Hair) tombanter 0 699 08-04-2016 09:44 AM
Last Post: tombanter
Wink Need some hairstyle advice on growing long hair ipappnasei 14 3,956 06-19-2015 12:50 AM
Last Post: cyaninja