Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sebum enough to style hair?
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Sebum enough to style hair?
I want to follow Rogelio's No Shampoo method using sebum which lots of people report makes their hair look better and healthier but if I stop using hair products is the sebum released by the follicles enough to style my hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Sebum enough to style hair?
Do you have any of Rogelio's two books? He mentions in them that sebum can be used by itself to style hair but that it wont hold hair too well so hairstyles that don;t require to be "fixed" in place are better suited for only sebum styling. Also remember that the No Shampoo method doesnt need to be with no hair products, shampoo and styling products can be used in the No Shampoo method but you need to follow the set template and create your customized routine from the template. You can for example use wax one some days to style the hair and the rest of days use your own sebum.
I'm saying the above because the book is where to best learn his method and it covers a lot of stuff for styling including sebum styling.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Lordius, your own sebum is generally a good hairstyling agent provided you aren't looking for hairstyles that require your hair to be held in a gravity-defying position. You can think of sebum as a light pomade or oil which not only serves to provide lubrication and shine to your mane but also enhances any loose hairstyles you choose.

As TheMensHairForum pointed out, my No Shampoo method can be done using hair wax or any other hairstyling products, but it is imperative that you first find out your optimal shampooing frequency and then tweak the inserting of more hairstyling-product days or increase your range of hairstyling agents.

In my books, I refer to as sebum as a pseudo hairstyling product as it behaves as such in that it can be used to style hair in most cases. Let me know if you have any questions.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-06-2013, 02:35 PM
oh thanks Smile I actually am starting to read the Mens Hair book at the beginning in this moment though. Makes sense now as I briefly skimmed the hair grooming chapter and it looked pretty awesome how everything with No Shampoo is meant to fit as in a puzzle.
Cheers then, will be updating once I have my shampoo frequency worked out!
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Yes then you won't be getting to the "sebum" deep stuff until further in the book.There's lots to learn in the book so take your time, going by memory I think the styling with sebum is mention on one of the last chapters actually - i think the "questions and answers" chapter so you first grasp the whole No-Shampoo concept first and then performing any tailoring of the program to your hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Gotcha, skipped to the back and read it so now I understand what it's all about ;D
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New style wanted Snow23 0 175 10-24-2016 07:54 PM
Last Post: Snow23
Star Curtains hair style or bowl haircut, which hairstyle is better? MrPinkLipstick 1 264 10-06-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  how to style like this? olsson 0 421 05-06-2016 11:48 AM
Last Post: olsson
  How do I style this hair? (Pictures) TwoAP 0 897 03-01-2016 09:47 AM
Last Post: TwoAP